VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000???
Jan 1, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #31 of 1,164
Well, as the production number will be only limited to 6k units it's obviously a limited release coz it has a limit. :rolleyes:
As far as why - Vsonic's CEO just has enough money and doesn't want to make more (I'm not messing with you)  

:blink:

Well, at least I spontaneously pulled the trigger on IEM that are both "collector's items" and serve to only marginally pad Vsonic's bottom line :wink_face:

As far as sounding like EX1000... I've never heard EX1000, so I'm just going to take Vsonic's CEO at his word and assume these are tuned exactly like EX1000. #sarcasm

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #32 of 1,164
blink.gif

Well, at least I spontaneously pulled the trigger on IEM that are both "collector's items" and serve to only marginally pad Vsonic's bottom line
wink_face.gif

As far as sounding like EX1000... I've never heard EX1000, so I'm just going to take Vsonic's CEO at his word and assume these are tuned exactly like EX1000. #sarcasm

The have collector value only if you never open the packaging and its in mint condition you know.

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #33 of 1,164
  Yeah, the 6k is the total number. The first batch, which is available now is 500 unit of which supposedly only 100 for the international market but sellers like lmue and penon always manage to get some more

Thanks for the info!

Right now I'm trying to look into the VSD5 and the info is spread out across threads for VSD3 and GR07. No real solid source besides the occasional post from page to page about them.

Hmmm, apparently they don't have strain reliefs and they're supposed to be replacing the GR07 line. Even though it's $70, it's replacing the $100 GR07 Classic and $120 GR07 BE.

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #35 of 1,164
Looks exactly like my Vsd3 non detachable silver cable.  So whats inside thats different/better?

Jan 1, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #37 of 1,164
  Who knows? A sprinkle of fairy dust and the ashes of a phoenix. 

LoL, was hoping the shell shape would of changed some if not to only look different but to maybe fit my ear shape a bit better than the VSD3 I have. 

Jan 1, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #40 of 1,164
  Seriously? Limited to only 6000 units? Man I hope they don't sell out before I wait for reviews. I'm still not sure what would be the next step up from VSD3s for less than $100

They won't. There will be made in batches, so even before the second batch is made there will be plenty of reviews. And only mine and SF's review matter anyway. 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back