VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread
Sep 29, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #1,936 of 2,003
This gigantic white box is really useless. Maybe in the near future they'll start to use one like the VSD3.
And I didn't see the BE in the box, interesting...

One last thing, with the current price is kind of hard to recommend the VSD1/S isn't it? Due to the almost same price as the VSD3/S (I haven't even touched the VSD1 but almost everyone says that the VSD3 is a upgrade to them), maybe VSD1 will get cheaper someday.

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #1,937 of 2,003
By the look of VSD1 they probably updated it to look like VSD3/3S

you meant the new box,right? Coz your new vsd1 has the same shells....And it cld be possible they just released the new vsd1 BE in ML china,after you bought yours?.....just a guess tho :wink:

Sep 30, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #1,938 of 2,003
twister6 when did you buy your new vsd1S? And I believe its the same SP OFC sheathed by snake skin TPU....so probably the sound change might not be present......

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #1,939 of 2,003
Hi,

Higly recommemd to try it with a klipsh dual flange earbuds. Just love the sound over all, annoying sibilance was gone. please mind klipsh earbads have a top key (should be at the top of ear canal)

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #1,940 of 2,003
i think my VSD1S is finally starting to crap out on me. i hear random coil whine/spring-ish noise in my left bud. That or it's coming from my E17.

EDIT: yep it's not my E17, the sound gets louder or quieter depending on my volume setting. 

Oct 18, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #1,942 of 2,003
  You can get the VSD3S for the same price now. Might be a great time to upgrade. If not, I think VSonic would still honor your warranty.

the weird thing is that i only seem to hear it on 2 songs on this particular album. Maybe the file wasn't properly ripped. However, i didn't notice it b4. Nevertheless, I will try to claim the warranty through my ebay seller after further testing. As for upgrading, I'm waiting for my Westone W30 to arrive, which should be next month. I'm going to being using the VSD1s for when sound quality isn't a top concern.

EDIT: I think the music itself was recorded bad. I can hear the coil whine/spring noise when i play music from my computer, Youtube, and Deezer with my vsd1s and headphones. BTW the song is called "Tomorrow" by John legend and I can hear it from 0:27-0:32, but it happens in other parts of the song too. But at least I know that my IEMs aren't broken 
dt880smile.png

Oct 19, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #1,943 of 2,003
Quick few questions fellas.  Where can one get the VSD1/s with the updated cable?  Which has the closest sound signature to the GR02 BE?, Lastly, or should I just bypass the 1/s and get the 3/s?  Never had much luck with the over the ear iems though.  My GR02's have a short in the minijack, causing intermitting sound lose in the left bud, but hate to throw them, they sound just right to me.  Maybe just replace the jack?  Any input?  I've seen many different ones, switchcrafts, neutrik, etc, but not sure if the cable is going to be tight enough in the minijack to not be pulled out.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #1,944 of 2,003
  Same happened to me except it was the left. Not sure where you ordered from, but I got mine from SoundShiNe via Amazon. I talked to the seller and Amazon about VSonic's warranty instructions ("contact the seller, not us") and even though they were six months old, Amazon fully refunded as a return and gave me free one-day shipping toward a new pair. Just had to send the defective ones back via UPS. I decided to go with the VSD1 this time for a little more boom in the bass.

True story, got the same issue. Left channel doesn't work out of nowhere - i was listening music on my way to work, and when i got there, left channel didn't work. Used them for 1 year, bought from lendmeurears last September.
I'm going to try replacing the jack, however I'm not so sad about the idea of buying new ones. I like the sound quality of these, but i totally dislike the cable for tangling into knots even if i make an organized one, i don't like symmetrical cables, and also the tips in package were awful. The rubber ones just didn't fit neither the speaker nor my ear, the colored ones were very unpleasant, and the only tip that fits me is this double-petal. The Sehnheiser CX-300 package, for example, fits me great, but the sound is not comparable..

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #1,945 of 2,003
Confirmation on twister6 pictures. Yesterday I received service replacement VSD1S.
It came in a big box with all accessories mentioned above.
What is missing from original package (when I bought earphones a year ago) - memory foam tips, none were included.

And for the cable - it was updated snake skin cable. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM Post #1,947 of 2,003
I sent them faulty ones and they replaced them. I think it is usual procedure with most electronics these days: check that it's faulty, then replace.
I had VSD1, but they did not have VSD1, so I've got VSD1S instead, which is really a gain as less bass is better with this model for me.
Really happy now!

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #1,950 of 2,003
Buy yeah they didnt update the listing pictures,if so.......but just "pre-order" used on vsd1/s sale.....:confused_face_2: and need to check on supplied accessiries before ordering......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back