VSONIC V7007 (former "GR08") - Info & expectations thread
Oct 24, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #376 of 924
I hope they dont just go past 400$ after all the detachable socket changes and stuff. Never Had any IEM of VSonic, looking to buy GR 08 directly :) I just hope it would be better than my TF10 after all its hype

Oct 24, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #377 of 924
Quote:
I hope they just go past 400$ after all the detachable socket changes and stuff. Never Had any IEM of VSonic, looking to buy GR 08 directly :) I just hope it would be better than my TF10 after all its hype

Actually, I think their sound should be close to the K3003!

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #379 of 924
The mock up looks pretty bad to me - I wish they'd keep it simple and discreet like the 07 and avoid sharp edges. That being said, if it sounds good, I will quickly forgive them.

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #380 of 924
Definitely similar to the Westone or UE (TF10/custom) cable.
Pretty excited, though I may have to wait for reviews if the price is too high

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #381 of 924
The styling is rather garish, wish they went with a more conventional style and color scheme.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #385 of 924
@Nucgaek - funniest avatar on head-fi

I'm expecting big things from these; after realizing customs are not for me, it's probably going to come down to these or the Heir 4ai.

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #386 of 924
Quote:
@Nucgaek - funniest avatar on head-fi

I'm expecting big things from these; after realizing customs are not for me, it's probably going to come down to these or the Heir 4ai.

I'm debating between some of the super cheap customs like the Cosmic Ears, or maybe something like the GR08, I have persnickity ears, what makes customs not for you? I'm afraid that I'll spend a bit of money on them and dislike them, so what did you dislike?

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #387 of 924
Quote:
I'm debating between some of the super cheap customs like the Cosmic Ears, or maybe something like the GR08, I have persnickity ears, what makes customs not for you? I'm afraid that I'll spend a bit of money on them and dislike them, so what did you dislike?

I didn't like the feeling of my ear canals being clogged by something. Some say their customs "disappear" into their ears, but this just isn't the case for me. The fit was not an issue; I had a good seal and zero pain. It's just a sensation that I can't ignore or forget about when I'm listening to music. It reminds me of scuba diving - as you descend, you feel more pressure on your ear drums and you have to equalize by pinching your nose and blowing in order to feel no discomfort. Fortunately, when scuba diving, I can completely forget about that feeling when I start looking around at the fish and coral - if you're in a good spot, scuba diving is like Avatar on acid. Ahhhh, scuba diving.....at any rate, I may have sensitive ears, but I can't imagine this not being a distraction for me in the future which is why I'm going to stick with universals. I'm pretty jealous of those who forget they are wearing customs to be honest...they do sound fantastic with great isolation. I'd say Cosmic Ears pricing lowers your risk and you should be able to sell them and get some of your money back if you don't feel comfortable with customs like me.

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #388 of 924
Quote:
I didn't like the feeling of my ear canals being clogged by something. Some say their customs "disappear" into their ears, but this just isn't the case for me. The fit was not an issue; I had a good seal and zero pain. It's just a sensation that I can't ignore or forget about when I'm listening to music. It reminds me of scuba diving - as you descend, you feel more pressure on your ear drums and you have to equalize by pinching your nose and blowing in order to feel no discomfort. Fortunately, when scuba diving, I can completely forget about that feeling when I start looking around at the fish and coral - if you're in a good spot, scuba diving is like Avatar on acid. Ahhhh, scuba diving.....at any rate, I may have sensitive ears, but I can't imagine this not being a distraction for me in the future which is why I'm going to stick with universals. I'm pretty jealous of those who forget they are wearing customs to be honest...they do sound fantastic with great isolation. I'd say Cosmic Ears pricing lowers your risk and you should be able to sell them and get some of your money back if you don't feel comfortable with customs like me.

why not try out the fitear tg334? they're quicka bit pricier but are said to surpass the heir 4ai

Oct 25, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #389 of 924
Quote:
Quote:

1. Also  a diver, I think I understand what you mean.
2. You can sell customs?

Oct 25, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #390 of 924
Fitears are way out of my budget, especially with a trip to a remote island in Thailand (including some diving 
biggrin.gif
) on the horizon. Any set of customs can be reshelled afaik (may be issues if there are dynamic drivers involved, but that's a guess). I have a set of 1964Ears Quads that will be in the for sale thread soon. I'm quite taken with the feedback from the Heirs and the 08s intrigue me though I don't know what they'll sound like. I'm going to wait until there are reviews of the 08s and go from there. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back