vsonic R04 vs. GR06 vs. VC02
Mar 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

pjyi

100+ Head-Fier
before i make my final decision
i was wondering if anyone had a chance to try all of these
although i read really good reviews on it, unfortunately i can't afford to buy GR07 :frowning2:
so my choices narrowed down to these three
i listen to all types of music especially male vocal, acoustic guitar and hip hop
i am not a basshead i care about treble and mid more than anything else
i prefer clear, crisp sound rather than smooth warm sound

which would be the best for me?

oh and i am very confused about so many different versions of gr04 (or r04)
from head-fi ive heard about gr04 standard edition, gr04 flagship edition
but only two i see on amazon are R04 Pro Audiophile earphones (sounds very fancy) - $69.99 and GR04 Standard edition  - $39.95
is there a huge difference between the two? because they have $30 gap

Thank you

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #8 of 13
For vsonics, the lendmeurears website is a pretty good place to start.

As far as I have gathered, the GR04 is divided into GR04 Classic, GR04 Pro and GR04 Flagship. The GR04 Flagship looks identical to the GR04 Pro, but has a 50ohm resistance rather than 24ohm. Lendmeurears sells the GR04 Flagship version, and I also (only) have that.

Without being able to compare to the others, I guess I'm not much help, but what I can say is I'm enjoying my GR04FE's plenty, and feel they are better than my previous IEM's.

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #9 of 13
Yeah, lendmeurears is the right place to buy vsonic iems. As far as which one to get I'll have to go with the Gr04 flagship, especially for male vocals. I still consider it the best of the bunch and yeah, I've heard all of them.

Mar 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #10 of 13
thanks! i think i shouldve done some more research before i made my purchase :frowning2:
i got one on amazon for $75 which seems like a high price compared to ones on ebay (i think it's pro not flagship)
but i needed a pair right away and i had $55 gift card on amazon so oh well
if i am not happy about the SQ, i guess i'll return those for flagship edition on lendmeurears

thank you guys
biggrin.gif

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #11 of 13
From what I've been reading, VC02 is the better choice for accuracy. Actually mine will arrive on Saturday. I think we kinda share the same tastes on sound signature. I prefer clean/crisp than warm or smooth. Actually I have both GR06/07, for me the GR06 although has forwarded mids, is somewhat muddy and really lacks transparency. It also lacks sub-bass and focuses more on mid-bass. The GR07 lacks mids forwardness for my liking, resulting the sub-bass to sound slightly dominant even though it is not. I am really wanting more mids macro detail out of the GR07s. I don't find them sibilant at all though as others say but find them to lack air and kinda congested compared to my other high-ends (specially my MX 980 / DT 1350). To sum it all up, I'm really excited on the VC02 on Saturday! :D

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:59 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:
From what I've been reading, VC02 is the better choice for accuracy. Actually mine will arrive on Saturday. I think we kinda share the same tastes on sound signature. I prefer clean/crisp than warm or smooth. Actually I have both GR06/07, for me the GR06 although has forwarded mids, is somewhat muddy and really lacks transparency. It also lacks sub-bass and focuses more on mid-bass. The GR07 lacks mids forwardness for my liking, resulting the sub-bass to sound slightly dominant even though it is not. I am really wanting more mids macro detail out of the GR07s. I don't find them sibilant at all though as others say but find them to lack air and kinda congested compared to my other high-ends (specially my MX 980 / DT 1350). To sum it all up, I'm really excited on the VC02 on Saturday! :D

Congrats! I hope you'll like your VC02!
btw, I already made my purchase and I ended up getting GR04 Flagship Edition
So far, I am very satisfied with this pair. It sounds good overall (after proper burnin period). 
But I do feel that GR04 FE is mid-centric and on the warmer side.
It sounds very relaxing but It's not as clear as I would like it to be.
For $53 tho, I think these are very hard to beat.
I am thinking of getting TDK BA-200 which I think would suit our taste
Please let me know how VC02 sounds!

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Congrats! I hope you'll like your VC02!
btw, I already made my purchase and I ended up getting GR04 Flagship Edition
So far, I am very satisfied with this pair. It sounds good overall (after proper burnin period). 
But I do feel that GR04 FE is mid-centric and on the warmer side.
It sounds very relaxing but It's not as clear as I would like it to be.
For $53 tho, I think these are very hard to beat.
I am thinking of getting TDK BA-200 which I think would suit our taste
Please let me know how VC02 sounds!

Thanks! Good to hear about you GR04. I love my VC02 a lot that made me write a review! You may read it here. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back