Vsonic GR07 Review (R07)
May 6, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #16 of 39

Quote:

I have read that treble quality is almost the same for RE-ZERO and RE0, but there is significant difference in quantity. Just wanted to know because too much treble is trouble for me.. :)

From what I understand, the differences are very subtle.  You'd be able to tell if you listened to them side-by-side but otherwise you might have a bit of trouble.

Either way, the treble extension of the GR07 isn't quite to a "limitless" level, it's very reasonable.  It's designed to be as non-fatiguing as possible and it meets that goal very easily.  One point to keep in mind though, is that they tend to sound quite sibilant at higher volumes, so if you listen at a high volume it could be a concern.  But the GR07 is extremely non-fatiguing and never makes me feel like the treble is too much.  In fact, sometimes I want a little more extension out of it.

(also, Mark, do you perhaps listen to headphones at a loud volume?  This could be where your sibilance is coming from.)

May 6, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #17 of 39
well depends what you call loud but  no not really, it depends on the source and the song alot.

Quote:
Thanks for the review, Mark. Dynamic transducer has certainly came out on its own since last year. Unlike two years ago, most of the really impressive IEM I tried lately are all dynamic based.

i think thats because most of whats come out is dynamic, still i must say as a rule im in the prefer BA camp.

Quote:
Thanks for the review Mark.

How do you compare the treble of these with that of RE-ZERO ?

the 07 is more sparkely and grainy than the ZERO so if you found the 0 harsh (i think you mean overly abundant rather than harsh) then maybe the ZERO would be better for you.  but harsh isnt a word id put with the 0.

May 7, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #18 of 39

Quote:
the 07 is more sparkely and grainy than the ZERO so if you found the 0 harsh (i think you mean overly abundant rather than harsh) then maybe the ZERO would be better for you.  but harsh isnt a word id put with the 0.

Thanks Mark. That makes it clear.

May 10, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #19 of 39
I want customs but equally I'm bored of my SFP5s and want to try something different for a bit. Given the price, I'm thinking I might get these to tide me over, given between selling the UEs and getting these I wouldn't be spending a lot. Worthwhile upgrade?

May 11, 2011 at 4:56 AM Post #20 of 39
does anyone know where GR07 can be bought?
they seem sold out on ebay and official site

May 11, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #22 of 39
Listening to LTJ Bukem's "FabricLive 46" mix with the GR07/Arrow right now.. WOW.  Beautiful, immersive, textured, and spacious is all I can say.  Excellent impact and I'm impressed with the bass speed and tightness from this dynamic.. it's definitely unique and handles atmospheric DnB effortlessly.

If you find a bit of sibilance (or want to tame the slight upper midrange/lower treble peak), a good amp can take care of this, in addition to enhancing instrument separation and clarity.  LOVING THE ARROW!

May 13, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #27 of 39
Hey Mark...I know you're a fan of the Brainwavz M3 as well...how do these 07s compare to them?  I love the M3, but it just seems like something is missing (a chin slider first of all, lol) in the sound.  I'm not sure if I'd be able to even explain what it is, but I'm looking for an upgrade without breaking the bank and these seem like they would share a few sound characteristics with the M3s, but I could be wrong.  Could you compare them a bit?  TIA.

May 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #28 of 39

Quote:
Hey Mark...I know you're a fan of the Brainwavz M3 as well...how do these 07s compare to them?  I love the M3, but it just seems like something is missing (a chin slider first of all, lol) in the sound.  I'm not sure if I'd be able to even explain what it is, but I'm looking for an upgrade without breaking the bank and these seem like they would share a few sound characteristics with the M3s, but I could be wrong.  Could you compare them a bit?  TIA.

well both are excellent, both are well ballanced, both pretty much have no real faults and both are excellent value.  the M3 is circa US$90 the GR07 is circa US$155.  like i said you can hear where that extra money has gone when you hear them side by side, the GR07 is just better, everywhere.  its super noticeable in the GR07's subwoofer like low end depth, it honestly made the M3 sound so thin and weak in comparison.  not that there is anything wrong in the M3, its great but the GR07 is just better.

May 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:
well both are excellent, both are well ballanced, both pretty much have no real faults and both are excellent value.  the M3 is circa US$90 the GR07 is circa US$155.  like i said you can hear where that extra money has gone when you hear them side by side, the GR07 is just better, everywhere.  its super noticeable in the GR07's subwoofer like low end depth, it honestly made the M3 sound so thin and weak in comparison.  not that there is anything wrong in the M3, its great but the GR07 is just better.

Awesome...thanks for the reply.  I assumed that would be your answer, but wanted to be sure.  Low end depth is key for me as I listen to a lot of hip hop and the M3s sound good out of my Touch 4G with the bass booster enabled but I'm always looking for better.  :)  The only thing I'd worry about is the size of them.  I simply cannot wear some headphones.  The most recent highly regarded headphones that simply don't work in my ears are the Shure 215s (or any that style for that matter) because of the longer cable connections.  It doesn't appear that the 07s will be like that.  Have you ever tried the Senn ie6?  Those fit me perfect and are designed for over the ear...are the 07s about the same size?

Looks like I know where my next 155 bucks is going.  Now if only lendmeurears would get them in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back