VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jun 23, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #5,356 of 7,982
If you don't put the left & right channels in each corresponding ear you're not hearing your music how the artist intended.

And we all know that's what Dr Dre wants kiddies! :wink:

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #5,358 of 7,982
I wear mine down and installed a version of rockbox on my sansa clips and my sansa e200 that enables you to reverse the channels.  I couldn't ever get the wires to stay wearing them correctly but I just read the instructions posted and never even thought of using the wire guide thing.  Seems to work very well.

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #5,360 of 7,982
Quote:
If you don't put the left & right channels in each corresponding ear you're not hearing your music how the artist intended.

And we all know that's what Dr Dre wants kiddies!
wink.gif

I always wondered about this (not Dre). My GR07s have been re-cabled, but I think the channels may have been reversed...not sure how to tell or if I should care too much. 

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #5,361 of 7,982
Quote:
Just release today,Vsonic working on two Shure like headphones, their CEO said is going to sound like SE535 and w4r but selling for 299 RMB. Come up at 01.01.2014.

Not sure where you found that - I couldn't find it on their website...I can't say I'm excited considering their lack of new products this year. It looks like they're abandoning dynamic drivers...that'll teach Japan!

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #5,362 of 7,982
I always wondered about this (not Dre). My GR07s have been re-cabled, but I think the channels may have been reversed...not sure how to tell or if I should care too much. 

Here you go... Utube video for left/right channel test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ODm-F9-IM

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #5,364 of 7,982
They have new product this year,but not flagship products. They just release VSD1 and VSD1s last month. 90% performance from GR07 but selling for 199 RMB
Not sure where you found that - I couldn't find it on their website...I can't say I'm excited considering their lack of new products this year. It looks like they're abandoning dynamic drivers...that'll teach Japan!

Jun 24, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #5,365 of 7,982
Still underwhelmed. Why would I want 90% of the GR07 when I can have it all? And how did they come to the conclusion that these deliver exactly 90% of the GR07? Sounds like marketing fluff to me. BTW, mine have the left/right correct. Thanks for the youtube video.

Jun 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #5,366 of 7,982
Quote:
Still underwhelmed. Why would I want 90% of the GR07 when I can have it all? And how did they come to the conclusion that these deliver exactly 90% of the GR07? Sounds like marketing fluff to me. BTW, mine have the left/right correct. Thanks for the youtube video.

The claim is actually 80% of it but anyway the VSD1 is a really solid performer, especially given its $37 launch price. It's not on gr07 level but it's different and it's really hard to fault it when it costs a quarter of the gr07. You might not want it but it doesn't make it less of a good buy for people on a budget or the ones looking for a good backup iem as obviously the gr07 doesn't sound 400% better or even 40% for that matter. Anyway, it's nice that vsonic are still making bang for buck products even though they have issues with their top of the line flagship, which has been in production for far too long and now might never be released due to the conflicts with Japan.

Jun 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #5,368 of 7,982
Quote:
Still underwhelmed. Why would I want 90% of the GR07 when I can have it all?

Here's a silly reason why.... I actually get a better fit and fuller sound out of the VSD1's than I did out of the BE's that I sold. The mids seem to be more forward as well which I like. The treble doesn't have the same micro details as the BE's, but it is also not as bright as with the BE's (which I found to be a bit fatiguing). I find that I am preferring the treble of the VSD1's even without the micro details. So in summary, even though the VSD1's might technically only have 80% of the SQ of the GR07's, some (aka me) may actually prefer them over the BE's. Other benefits: $38 (when I bought them), and they can either be worn down or over the ear. The funds saved have allowed me to purchase some other higher end iem's. So I get the VSD1's (which I prefer) plus something new for my ears.

Jun 24, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #5,369 of 7,982
Quote:
It IS important. I hate people when I ask them "which one's the left?" then answers "whichever you want." I was like "What?!" Then I'll just play a familiar song to know which is which. I mean, have some respect to the song, you should hear it how it was intended to be heard. Oh well, maybe it's just me.

"Have some respect to the song" -- lmao, are you being serious? Put the headphones (I know they're called IEMS) in your ears and enjoy the sounds. You guys are taking music too seriously. And I thought I was bad for converting my library from mp3 to flac.

@ The other guys: Who uses IEMs for music and video games? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back