VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 9, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #6,616 of 7,982
  You hit the nail on the head with your post about the SE215. It pretty much set the tone for how budget IEMs are built nowadays; a small budget no longer meant you have to sacrifice in both build and sound quality. In fact, its build quality still surpasses many entry level IEMs to this day. Even I still use my SE215s, not for everyday listening, but it's an excellent pair of headphones to sleep with. 
bigsmile_face.gif

+1 on everything Tom22 said. Yes everything. I've owned all the phones he's talking about

thank you all, appreciate the support! it certainly a nice welcome after about 2 weeks of being MIA. 

Nov 9, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #6,617 of 7,982

thank you all, appreciate the support! it certainly a nice welcome after about 2 weeks of being MIA. 

On my dead body
tongue.gif

just a joke,,ur contributions are welcome.

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #6,618 of 7,982
  i gotta agree, can't go recommending others on equipment you haven't tried =P or all hell will break loose

the ttpod isn't a basshead earphone. i can tell you that. even though i only had them for a day and half. sure their emphasized in the bass and so is the gr07be but that doesn't bass head.

i would say its more than the gr07Be, maybe around the vsd3s, but not much more than that. if thats considered basshead, then call me a basshead!  

but gotta say the ttpod t1e is a pretty dam capable earphone in its own right, its quite big though so it might not fit others (i can't wear them over the ear...which is a first because every earphone i own can be worn that way.... kinda bothers me a bit) not a big fan of wearing cable down... ahh i'll get over it, i'm sure

Will u please describe the mids of ttpod vs gr07??

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #6,619 of 7,982
I'm tempted to get the classic edition of these to use as my work iem. I remember being kinda bored when I used the gr07 but those were a 2 week loaner or something like that. I recall the midrange being somewhat recessed and the treble lacking quality. Has that improved since the original version?

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:25 PM Post #6,620 of 7,982
I'm tempted to get the classic edition of these to use as my work iem. I remember being kinda bored when I used the gr07 but those were a 2 week loaner or something like that. I recall the midrange being somewhat recessed and the treble lacking quality. Has that improved since the original version?

By lacking quality do you mean too sibilant? I find the treble a little hot, but it's very natural and clear to my ears. The mids are slightly recessed but they're pretty neutral. Definitely not a mid centric sound though. The difference between the original GR07 is a better cable and different color. The tuning and internals are the same.

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #6,621 of 7,982
I remember it being veiled and lacking detail. It's been a long time so can't really go into specifics. The maroon color does interest me and since these will be for work I probably don't need the best quality.

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #6,623 of 7,982
Trying to decide whether I spend $145 to get my W4s recabled through BTG or just let them go and move to Gr07BE for $15 cheaper.

Thoughts?

Do you still enjoy Westone 4? I guess you need to consider if a change is welcome for you or whether you want to hang in there. For myself I like to mix things up with variety. I've owned Westone 4 twice, and probably won't again. I would go as far to say new gear like Vsonic VSD3S is not all that far behind my Westone 4 memories, YMMV. (but keep in mind I'm a little crazy)

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:29 AM Post #6,626 of 7,982
What do you think about this seller?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VSONIC-GR07-Classic-High-Fidelity-Professional-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Earbuds-Free-Shipping/2039448316.html

58% off tomorrow… so tempting :p

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #6,627 of 7,982
  What do you think about this seller?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/VSONIC-GR07-Classic-High-Fidelity-Professional-Stereo-Inner-Ear-Earphones-Earbuds-Free-Shipping/2039448316.html

58% off tomorrow… so tempting :p

possible as tomorrow is a huge sale on aliexpress.

But its a very unreliable site,,,puts even ebay to shame

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #6,628 of 7,982
Figured I'd ask here since it's the most likely place to get a response: does anyone not sure their ear guides for the GR07? If not, I'd love to buy them from you, PM me if you're willing to sell them!

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #6,629 of 7,982

Probably the big dip on the upper midrange dulling vocal edges and crescendos and the bass being a little on the rounded edge side as well, all the while retaining great bass detail.

The midrange is only a bit back but the gr07 does this great thing where it pulls everything away from that center image and it layers well in the near field so vocals always sound consistent and like they have their own sonic bubble.

Its a relaxing experience in that way, like being comfortable at home, but a modern design kind of a thing, not rustic. Except for that treble peak, which makes cymbals a bit... splashy, maybe, but leaves vocals only mildly sibilant, the kind which you hear on a crappy mastering but not really ear piercing unless you are incredibly sensitive there.

I remember it being veiled and lacking detail. It's been a long time so can't really go into specifics. The maroon color does interest me and since these will be for work I probably don't need the best quality.

The maroon is indeed a great color. Liking that aspect, and the comfort a lot. The stock medium tips for my ears better than any other tip I've ever tried, just like I remember, and exerts almost no pressure on my inner ear while keeping a pretty reasonable seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back