VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #6,586 of 7,982

I have GR07 and based on reviews TTPOD's are way more bassy. GR07 have lesser bass than even re-400.
So ideally he should research more and not spend 100$ on an IEM that sounds different.

New Sennheiser's review is out and its very good if u like bass.

Maybe he will prefer JVC FXT90 with good rumble too based on his TTPOD purchase??

I have done quite a lot of research and reading reviews, thanks.
I only have the TTPOD T1E because it came with a Cayin C5 that I bought in a deal. If I wanted to buy a $45 IEM, I would have chosen something like the VSonic VSD 3/3S or Havi B3 Pro
I am not simply looking the blow $100 on an IEM simply because it sounds different.
I am taking into account all factors such as price, durability, sound quality, Value
If you read my original post, I want the GR07 because of the sound signature many people have reported it to have.
I guess, in general, I would want something that is clear and balanced, and the GR07 seems like it would be something like that.
However, I also do not want something that is lacking in bass, and preferably also without much sibilance in the highs.
One of the other IEM's I was looking at was the Shure SE215, but it had a little more emphasis on the lows (which is ok) but wasn't as clear as the GR07.
Again, my main concern is the long term performance.
The GR07's cable can (and will) eventually fail.
But some other people have told me that even IEM's with replaceable cables will become loose where you screw in the cable, maybe even allowing sound to come in or escape outwards.
That is my dilemma.
And I'm done wasting money, especially on $20 SkullCandy's.

-K

Nov 8, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #6,587 of 7,982

I have done quite a lot of research and reading reviews, thanks.
I only have the TTPOD T1E because it came with a Cayin C5 that I bought in a deal. If I wanted to buy a $45 IEM, I would have chosen something like the VSonic VSD 3/3S or Havi B3 Pro
I am not simply looking the blow $100 on an IEM simply because it sounds different.
I am taking into account all factors such as price, durability, sound quality, Value
If you read my original post, I want the GR07 because of the sound signature many people have reported it to have.
I guess, in general, I would want something that is clear and balanced, and the GR07 seems like it would be something like that.
However, I also do not want something that is lacking in bass, and preferably also without much sibilance in the highs.
One of the other IEM's I was looking at was the Shure SE215, but it had a little more emphasis on the lows (which is ok) but wasn't as clear as the GR07.
Again, my main concern is the long term performance.
The GR07's cable can (and will) eventually fail.
But some other people have told me that even IEM's with replaceable cables will become loose where you screw in the cable, maybe even allowing sound to come in or escape outwards.
That is my dilemma.
And I'm done wasting money, especially on $20 SkullCandy's.

-K

I have havi b3 pro 1 and regardless of them being 35-40$ cheaper they beat gr07 in imaging,soundstage and even sub-bass quantity,though not as precise.Gr07 has better dynamic range and more clarity but isolation is average and sibilance is an issue for many.

215 is totally useless against these two,its just not clear.

Please buy gr07 be if u want better bass as gr07 has little sub-bass presence.

Also vsonic vc02,vsd1 and vsd3s are no skullcandys,,,money does not always equal performance.
If i were u i will have a pick between havi b3 pro 1 and gr07 be.

Let me give u one more option with removable cable and very good bass albeit some loss of clarity
onkyo iefc300,,please research on this too.

Thanks

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #6,588 of 7,982

Please buy gr07 be if u want better bass as gr07 has little sub-bass presence.

LOL...that's what I love the most about the GR07 (MKII): -- the sub-bass is great. 

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #6,589 of 7,982

LOL...that's what I love the most about the GR07 (MKII): -- the sub-bass is great. 

dude he has ttpod ...............and relative to havi no,,,,gr07 lacks sub bass and its felt in both pop and rap genre.
Though it has much faster decay,,is much more precise so excellent for rock especially the drums.

Still lacks in quantity.

I love it too thats why never got gro7 be but it feels light in certain genres
thanks.

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #6,590 of 7,982

I have havi b3 pro 1 and regardless of them being 35-40$ cheaper they beat gr07 in imaging,soundstage and even sub-bass quantity,though not as precise.Gr07 has better dynamic range and more clarity but isolation is average and sibilance is an issue for many.

215 is totally useless against these two,its just not clear.
Also vsonic vc02,vsd1 and vsd3s are no skullcandys,,,money does not always equal performance.

Does anyone else agree with this?

I really don't think that the SE215 doesn't stand a chance and I also don't agree that the SE215 lacks that much clarity. I have never auditioned it, but I have also not heard anyone say bad stuff like that about it. Most of the reviews and comments on the SE215 are positive especially for someone on a tight budget, that is why it was one of the options I was looking at. One of the most attractive aspects of the Shure SE215 is its great noise isolation that really allows you to hear your music when there is some ambient noise around you like when you are in a lunch room.

Also, a couple of people have reported the GR07 to be superior to the Havi B3 Pro, superior enough to cause them to actually sell or return their Havi B3 Pro.

Another thing I often find is that the VSonic VSD3/3S is not too far away from the sound quality of the GR07. Some users on Head-Fi claim that the VSD3/3S is around 70%-80% of what the GR07 is.

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #6,591 of 7,982
Go and audition yourself.
215 is a relic now.

As for gr07 and havi I have explained you the pro's and cons very clearly.

havi---better soundstage,more width and slightly more bass but with slower decay.
clarity is very good but midrange a bit recessed vs gr07.0 sibilance and better isolation.

requires more power so amp is necessary but u have cayin.

gr07---Much better build,better wire

Bass extremely controlled and precise but less than havi in quantity,faster decay so best option for rock with lot of drums.

Soundstage--lesser in width but equally deep if not more

mids--more clear than havi

treble--very prone to sibilance so time required to adapt.In bad recordings u will not be able to raise the volume as a result.
Havi has no such sibilance issues.

background---almost black with little noise vs havi with noticeable coloured background.

So the choice is split.Do research urself.

As for 215 again both gr07 and havi are in diff league,u are free to ask anyone.Its not a good value at 100$ anymore unless u want much more bass and much less clarity than gr07 and havi.

thanks.

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #6,592 of 7,982
Go and audition yourself.
215 is a relic now.
---
background---almost black with little noise vs havi with noticeable coloured background.

What do you mean when you say that the SE215 is a relic?

Also, in what way is the Havi colored in the background? 

I would like to audition everything before I buy it, but there is no audio store within a 4 hour drive from where I live. This has been the biggest inconvenience to me as not everybody's ears are the same and I won't know if I like something unless I hear it.

Thanks for your replies, sardar17

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #6,593 of 7,982
Hi,

I’ve been away for quite a long time and would be really appreciate if someone could update me with answers to the following questions:

What happened to GR07 MK II?

Is GR07 Classic = MK II? If not, which one is better?

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #6,596 of 7,982
you can recable the GR07?

Have'nt yet......but if you know little soldering you can do it self......BUT opening the shells/ear-pieces is THE challenge part and with patience & little smartness it can be......BUT dont take my word IF you are not confident enuff and cant do it and damage them permanently......chk with btg,he does for gr07s as well....not sure how the costs gonna workout tho for the shipping,if you reside out of US.....

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #6,597 of 7,982
  Does anyone else agree with this?

I really don't think that the SE215 doesn't stand a chance and I also don't agree that the SE215 lacks that much clarity. I have never auditioned it, but I have also not heard anyone say bad stuff like that about it. Most of the reviews and comments on the SE215 are positive especially for someone on a tight budget, that is why it was one of the options I was looking at. One of the most attractive aspects of the Shure SE215 is its great noise isolation that really allows you to hear your music when there is some ambient noise around you like when you are in a lunch room.

Also, a couple of people have reported the GR07 to be superior to the Havi B3 Pro, superior enough to cause them to actually sell or return their Havi B3 Pro.

Another thing I often find is that the VSonic VSD3/3S is not too far away from the sound quality of the GR07. Some users on Head-Fi claim that the VSD3/3S is around 70%-80% of what the GR07 is.

i have video that might help. if you have any questions on that lemme know! PM me or something also in regards to what i bolded in your post. i would say thats about right. but that 20-30% the gr07be is really magic imho and i think its easily worth it

Nov 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #6,598 of 7,982
  I didn't think the TTPODs were really basshead material. Although it was a quick listen (I have too many things to listen to and haven't gotten around to giving it much time yet). But with that 15 minutes or so, I think it had as much bass as the GR07BE and as we all know the BE isn't really that much of a basshead phone

my friend, i feel the same way. 

*oops* haha i got me self a pair =)

i can say that they are rightful competitive with the vsd3s, havi b3 pro 1, and brainwavz s0. 

my gr07be is still the earphone to beat for me anyway. none of them have dethrone "my precious" 

i'll have to see if the ttpods will be able to do that though, only had them a day or so.

Nov 8, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #6,599 of 7,982
Originally Posted by Tom22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my gr07be is still the earphone to beat for me anyway. none of them have dethrone "my precious" 

i'll have to see if the ttpods will be able to do that though, only had them a day or so.

I have to say, these IM70s I got are kind of giving them a run for their money. They don't have the width, but the depth is pretty nice. Imagine a GR07 with a tad more bass, smoother treble, and the soundstage of the VSD3S and you'll kind of hear what I mean. Missing a little sparkle, and I don't think they dethrone them necessarily, but they're pretty awesome.

Nov 8, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #6,600 of 7,982
  What do you mean when you say that the SE215 is a relic?

Also, in what way is the Havi colored in the background? 

I would like to audition everything before I buy it, but there is no audio store within a 4 hour drive from where I live. This has been the biggest inconvenience to me as not everybody's ears are the same and I won't know if I like something unless I hear it.

Thanks for your replies, sardar17

i think i'll try to answer that even though its not directed at me.. 

i think @sardar17  may have meant that the se215 is an earphone thats been out for a while now and it has gained quite a large following and for good reason! because at the time of its release, there wasn't anything really like it and it really set the foundation for many other earphone/headphone manufactures in terms of making a detachable cable at a relatively affordable price (the sub $100 market was actually quite barren back then) along with a very likeable sound as well. 

the se215 from my impression on them (which is rather short) so i might not be the best person to ask. but its a competent sound, for me it was very warm, the bass was quite thick sounding and a bit slow for my liking, but it does make it an forgiving and easy going listen. great after a long day of work and  i imagine you can fall asleep listening to them on the bus with them. while isolating very well (almost scary how good it is with the shure foam eartips).

making the se215 an easy recommendation for many people

but over the years, the sub $100 market has become more and more competitive and with the sprout of these chinese companies i think it really keeps the big brands on their toes.

the gr07 (whether classic, mkI mkII or be) and the havi b3 pro 1 are great examples of this. 

they take a different kind of sound though,

the havis will seem almost non existent in the bass (especially in the mid bass) in comparison with the se215. and very thin sounding overall. Not everyone's cup of tea but it does allow for better detail and clarity. 

and that soundstage is the one trick that really separates the havi b3 pro 1 from the rest in its price range.

the gr07 (in my case the be) i think takes another step in terms of better separation without skimping out in the bass (now mind you its not basshead earphone by any means) but the extra bass it has over the havi b3 pro 1 is more than welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back