VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2017 at 3:31 AM Post #7,471 of 7,982
$300 GR09 is more realistic, if Vsonic want to sell it. 600 dollars is unacceptable for such a brand.

Well, it depends - someone would say that with such a long R&D process the price might be justified. Of course, at $300 it will be a lot more attractive offering, but might undermine their other sales given that gr07X with detachable cables will be around $240-250 and for 50 bucks more you'll be able to get the flagship, which nowadays rarely happens with flagship models usually running a few hundred or thousand bucks more. Anyway, brands like DITA have shown that a company might ask prices in the vicinity of high-end multi-BAs for a single driver, so this won't be a first.

Jan 17, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #7,472 of 7,982
  Well, it depends - someone would say that with such a long R&D process the price might be justified. Of course, at $300 it will be a lot more attractive offering, but might undermine their other sales given that gr07X with detachable cables will be around $240-250 and for 50 bucks more you'll be able to get the flagship, which nowadays rarely happens with flagship models usually running a few hundred or thousand bucks more. Anyway, brands like DITA have shown that a company might ask prices in the vicinity of high-end multi-BAs for a single driver, so this won't be a first.

Vsonic said GR07x uses the same drivers as GR09. Anyway, I think it's good for Vsonic to become more popular.

Jan 17, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #7,473 of 7,982

Vsonic said GR07x uses the same drivers as GR09. Anyway, I think it's good for Vsonic to become more popular.

Was that the case, or was it GR07x and VSD7 that both were using the same drivers?

Jan 17, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #7,475 of 7,982

Now I'm confused. Not sure it's VSD7 or GR09. Or they all share the same drivers.

It's fine to be confused , they've been jumping back and forth with the names of the new flagship[s for the past few years. First, it was supposed to be GR09, then VSD7, then VSD9, then VSD7X, then at the end of last year came the announcement for VSD7 and VSD8 with the VSD8 supposed to be with carbon nano diaphragms and now a month later we get GR09 again probably due to the fifth anniversary of the GR09 announcement in March and as a tribute to the fans.
So given that VSD8 was announced last month as the flagship with ceramic housings and AFAIK the only one with the carbon nano diaphragms with MSRP of ~ $600, I guess we can assume it is the GR09.
Don't know if VSD7 is still on the plate - it was supposed to also have ceramic housings and detachable cables at circa 350 bucks.
Confusing stuff - so maybe Gr07X = vsd7 drivers at lower price due to cheaper bq; and gr09 = new flagship with drivers not shared with outher vsonic models and thus the flagship pricing

Jan 17, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #7,479 of 7,982
We'll have to wait, so no jumping to conclusions. Back in the day (lol), I for one was impressed by gr07 decay and not the timber, but left my gr07 for meelec a161p though I remain a vsonic fan as they never let me down. Even the Gr01 was impressive despite Vsonic's CEO stating several times that dynamic drivers are superior tp BAs

Jan 20, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #7,480 of 7,982
I know I'm not the first person to say this but I have to bring it up. If anyone is looking for a solid upgrade from the GR07, you owe it to yourself to try the FLC 8S. In a nutshell, it's a refined GR07 with an unprecedented number of tuning options. I just got the FLC 8S and I'm completely sold. It is now my daily driver. It stacks up very well against everything I have (see signature)! I just figured I'd share. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 20, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #7,481 of 7,982
I know I'm not the first person to say this but I have to bring it up. If anyone is looking for a solid upgrade from the GR07, you owe it to yourself to try the FLC 8S. In a nutshell, it's a refined GR07 with an unprecedented number of tuning options. I just got the FLC 8S and I'm completely sold. It is now my daily driver. It stacks up very well against everything I have (see signature)! I just figured I'd share. 
:)  

At 3 and a half times the cost it better be.

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #7,484 of 7,982
it was also one of my first earphones.

I recall it fondly (gr07 classic)
i remember ordering it and my jaw dropping when listening to it ...all that detail, separation and tight bass.
my only requests were to up the bass a tad (just a tad as i'm a basshead ''lite'')
and also lessen the treble a tad to remove some of the sizzle.
 fab value at $100.

im using the flc 8s now...also fab value and more refined than the vsonic series.
but as a backup..for sure i'd settle on the vsonic if my flc 8s wasn't around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back