VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Aug 21, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #6,961 of 7,982
So you can determine if it works in free air (not attached).

Still don't see how that will make a difference. Whether or not the driver is in the baffle, the driver should still work. The baffle is plastic, so there would be no short caused by the housing. If a continuity test doesn't work, I would look at the tiny wires leading to the driver coils and see if theres a repairable break. If not, then the driver is toasted. Gr-07 drivers are very fragile and I get a bunch of broken headphones in all the time. More so than any other headphones I've worked on. Taking the driver out of the housing will surely break them, unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Bottom line, if a GR-07 driver fails a continuity test, then it's likely broken, and it's honestly pretty common unfortunately.

Anyway, we all love headphone anyway. Good excuse to try another pair :wink:

Aug 21, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #6,962 of 7,982
Pingupenguins It probably won't but if it's looking like it's the driver why not just take it apart anyway, just for the fun of it :D

I was just thinking along the lines of something has got in there....possibly, but even then it would have to jam the driver up somehow to stop it completely.

SpartanD63 Get yourself a multimeter and go from there

Edit: Sorry just seen your post, sounds like they've had it mate

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #6,963 of 7,982
Made some silicone molds for GR07 MMCX holder and tested polyurethane and acrylic casts. Unfortunately, polyurethane shelf life has expired so there are bubbles in the piece.

Polyurethane:

Acrylic:

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #6,966 of 7,982
Just got my GR07. The nozzle is cracking whenever I move it to a certain direction. Also, the resistance to certain directions different than others. When I move it to the left it has a lot more resistance than if I move it to the right(barely any resistance). Anyone else experiencing this with a NEW pair of GR07?

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #6,967 of 7,982
  Just got my GR07. The nozzle is cracking whenever I move it to a certain direction. Also, the resistance to certain directions different than others. When I move it to the left it has a lot more resistance than if I move it to the right(barely any resistance). Anyone else experiencing this with a NEW pair of GR07?

Yeah, I have the same thing. I've had one pair that was more resistant in places and one that was very loose. Didn't have an issue with either though.

Sep 8, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #6,968 of 7,982

Yeah, I have the same thing. I've had one pair that was more resistant in places and one that was very loose. Didn't have an issue with either though.

Do yours also crack tho? I had a pair of GR07 before and that one died, however it did not have these issues. The nozzles didn't crack at all and they were perfect in terms of resistance to all directions. It also seems that they have been using thinner plastic in these newer ones.

Sep 8, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #6,969 of 7,982

Do yours also crack tho? I had a pair of GR07 before and that one died, however it did not have these issues. The nozzles didn't crack at all and they were perfect in terms of resistance to all directions. It also seems that they have been using thinner plastic in these newer ones.

You mean the plastic is physically cracking? If that's the case I'd definitely send them back.

Sep 8, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #6,970 of 7,982

You mean the plastic is physically cracking? If that's the case I'd definitely send them back.

No the plastic is not cracking(from what I know) or we wouldn't be talking now :p, I would have returned it right away. It's this annoying cracking noise when I move the nozzle around, including when inserting/pulling it out of my ears. It just seems a huge step down in terms of build quality from my previous pair(both GR07 BE).

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #6,972 of 7,982

No the plastic is not cracking(from what I know) or we wouldn't be talking now :p, I would have returned it right away. It's this annoying cracking noise when I move the nozzle around, including when inserting/pulling it out of my ears. It just seems a huge step down in terms of build quality from my previous pair(both GR07 BE).

Ah, ok. That sounds like driver flex, which is common and not a real problem, just an annoyance. 

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #6,973 of 7,982
  It could possibly be driver diaphragm that makes cracking sound while inserting/pulling out. In that case it is not a warranty issue, just kind of annoying bug.

Ah, ok. That sounds like driver flex, which is common and not a real problem, just an annoyance. 

It's probably the diaphragm, but it's annoying since it's so loose. also, positioning the nozzle to the right angle is also a pain, it rotates so easily and especially with that cracking noise. When it cracks, I can physically feel that it's grinding against something in the earpieces. I will be RMA'ing these and LMUE are going to send me another pair via DHL Express, cannot wait!

Sep 16, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #6,974 of 7,982
Received my new pair from LMUE on Monday and there is another problem : /  The left driver is more clear and open while the right one sounds more dull. In order to confirm that this wasn't just my own imagination or my right ear, I compared it to the other pair I have laying around here and concluded that this is indeed the case. 

Does this go away after burning-in, or should I worry that it will simply stay like this?

Thank you guys for your help so far!

Sep 16, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #6,975 of 7,982
  Received my new pair from LMUE on Monday and there is another problem : /  The left driver is more clear and open while the right one sounds more dull. In order to confirm that this wasn't just my own imagination or my right ear, I compared it to the other pair I have laying around here and concluded that this is indeed the case. 

Does this go away after burning-in, or should I worry that it will simply stay like this?

Thank you guys for your help so far!

No, never rely on burn in to change anything. If there's a problem, send it back. Don't wait around. They should sound great out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back