VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Jan 3, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #6,016 of 7,982

Quite a few people here on Head-Fi have already purchased them there and have vouched for the seller's integrity. Don't forget that Vsonic themselves announced that the new MSRP of the GR07 is going to be $99 this year. 

oh wow at their new price point i think think to be quite honest if i knew this a few months back i wouldn't have gotten the re400s and opt for the gr07

love the re400 to death but the constant worries on the cable is just frustrating

gr07 is definitely built better

i was going to recable my be editions if they one day bite the dust but recabling costs about the same as buying a new gr07 (not be edition but mk2 but i think thats still good, new journey all over)

plus it comes in silver!!!

Jan 7, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #6,017 of 7,982

I own the RE0, not the RE400. The RE0 has a lot of treble energy, so I think I can live with the GR07. Plus, in my opinion burn-in is a very stubborn myth that has been roaming around Head-Fi for years now. :wink: The burn-in is mental, not physical. 

It's important that we share our OWN experiences, not base our knowledge on the experiences of others. Everyone hears differently. 

i believed the same.
but going from brainwavz m3 to gr07 mk2 was a shock to my ears,,,the treble was unbearable.
i burned them for 100 hours without hearing at all.now they sound awesome.

but i get u,i am not 100% sure on burn in and would like to compare mine with a fresh pair to be sure,,,till then its a myth only.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #6,018 of 7,982
Well, it seems that Comply has changed their tips (for the worse). They look far cheaper than a year ago and slip off my GR07 MK2's. I ordered the Ts-500's. I had a pair from last year that fit fine, but the new ones...not so good. :frowning2:

So I went ahead and ordered the Sony Hybrids from Sony directly (they were 25% off).

http://store.sony.com/ep-ex10a-blk-zid27-EPEX10A/BLK/cat-27-catid-All-Portable-Audio-Headphones-Cushions

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #6,019 of 7,982
Ok, I just read about the issues with Sony and Vsonic, and am now not so sure anymore that the Vsonic Classic Color Edition will have the bio-cellulose driver the previous ones had. Did I just buy a completely different sounding Vsonic? 

Since I didn't own one before, I have no idea how these are supposed to sound. Let's at least hope I like them when they arrive, bio-cellulose or not... 

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #6,020 of 7,982
  Well, it seems that Comply has changed their tips (for the worse). They look far cheaper than a year ago and slip off my GR07 MK2's. I ordered the Ts-500's. I had a pair from last year that fit fine, but the new ones...not so good. :frowning2:

So I went ahead and ordered the Sony Hybrids from Sony directly (they were 25% off).

http://store.sony.com/ep-ex10a-blk-zid27-EPEX10A/BLK/cat-27-catid-All-Portable-Audio-Headphones-Cushions

+1 on the sony hybrids! whatever they use on the eartips is good (seals so well) but i just wish they come with more sizes

the mediums fit me on the turbines allowing for deeper insertiong

but the gr07 inserts more shallowly so i need to modd my second pair of hybrids to fit now its great

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:47 PM Post #6,021 of 7,982
Ok, I just read about the issues with Sony and Vsonic, and am now not so sure anymore that the Vsonic Classic Color Edition will have the bio-cellulose driver the previous ones had. Did I just buy a completely different sounding Vsonic? 

Since I didn't own one before, I have no idea how these are supposed to sound. Let's at least hope I like them when they arrive, bio-cellulose or not... 

Oh thats interesting, I wonder if there is any way to verify the driver type on this model? Is there a Vsonic rep on this forum?

I bought the mkii classic based on the glowing reviews of the mkii and would feel disapointed if it sounds different.

Has anyone had a chance to test both?

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #6,022 of 7,982
+1 on the sony hybrids! whatever they use on the eartips is good (seals so well) but i just wish they come with more sizes

the mediums fit me on the turbines allowing for deeper insertiong

but the gr07 inserts more shallowly so i need to modd my second pair of hybrids to fit now its great

Bummer. I was afraid of that. What did you mod? How, rather?

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #6,023 of 7,982
Bummer. I was afraid of that. What did you mod? How, rather?

i'm not sure how much of a mod it really is but all i did was put a slightly bigger eartip inside the sony hybrids

the eartip has to have a bigger apeture ( i put the one of the ones included in the re400)

it gives the eartip more ridgity so it seals a little better, the extra eartip also puts more pressure on the sony hybrids to grab onto the nozzle better heres some pics

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #6,025 of 7,982
Hello everyone!

I am looking to buy one of the GR07 versions as well but I am not sure which one to buy atm. Since I like listening to trance music the most, I guess that the BE version will suit me the most? Also, I am very curious about the differences between the new classic version and BE. I am surprised why the prices of the classic versions are so much lower(40-50 dollars cheaper depending on outlets). BTW, where would you guys recommend on buying these IEMs in terms of reliability of the service in case it dies overtime and the pricing. Thank you!

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #6,026 of 7,982
Is there anybody know the difference between GR07 classic and the GR07. Are they pretty similar build like mk2 and the base edition or completely different? Cuz from the Chinese sites people are saying they are pretty much the same. But here in head-fi I noticed someone metioned they are going to use complete different drive than the previous version. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #6,027 of 7,982
  Is there anybody know the difference between GR07 classic and the GR07. Are they pretty similar build like mk2 and the base edition or completely different? Cuz from the Chinese sites people are saying they are pretty much the same. But here in head-fi I noticed someone metioned they are going to use complete different drive than the previous version. 

no one will ever know untill someone has both of them.

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #6,028 of 7,982
  Hello everyone!

I am looking to buy one of the GR07 versions as well but I am not sure which one to buy atm. Since I like listening to trance music the most, I guess that the BE version will suit me the most? Also, I am very curious about the differences between the new classic version and BE. I am surprised why the prices of the classic versions are so much lower(40-50 dollars cheaper depending on outlets). BTW, where would you guys recommend on buying these IEMs in terms of reliability of the service in case it dies overtime and the pricing. Thank you!

i wish i tried both but based on my knowledge and personal experience i would take the be edition and comparing to the hifiman re400s made electronic and trance more enjoyable

but if your looking for bass explosion no not even the be edition will help you there

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #6,029 of 7,982
i think even mk2 are excellent as far as bass goes,,,excellent.
i wouldn't want more really

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #6,030 of 7,982
Having read many reviews, I have decided to go for the BE version and bought it from lendmeurears. I think that it will suit my musical needs slightly better than the MKII. BTW, are there any special eartips which you can recommend?(aside from the above mentioned sony ones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back