VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Nov 9, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #4,381 of 7,982

Very much agree - although my experience is somewhat limited. Somewhat controversially, I prefer them to the Heir 4A.i.... ( only auditioned the 4A.i for like an hour and a half, but I know my ears, and my preferances. Yes, I do know one is DD and the other BA, but you know what mean )
Fantastic albumn! I really like Hot Fuss as well.

GR07MKII is better than the 4AI, IMO. GR07 is more neutral, with a more natural tone. They are comparable in signature, despite one being BA and the other a dynamic. 
Inks & Eke.. how is the GR07 MKII's 'house sound' affected with the MH1C tips? I'm particularly interested in comparisons with the stock single flange (which I've found the be the most accurate & balanced in terms of sound reproduction).

The MH1 one tips sound no different than Sony Hybrids, they're the same length and bore diameter. The MH1 seal more easily though, having better isolation as a result. 

Nov 9, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #4,383 of 7,982
I was listening to my GR07 MK2 again today....

I'm in two minds whether to sell them atm.

My problem is the timbre......it's so very natural,l I don't know of any IEM that can replicate percussion, strings, vocals anymore realistic than what they are with GR07. It's clear listening to Taylor Swift I cannot replicate the natural tone and edge with my H-100 Hyrbid. Switching between the two beside their different warmth and brightness levels the body / weight to instruments has great balance over the spectrum with GR07.

Though there's a trade off or two for that timbre. Layering, there's less air between instruments they feel slightly congested or smothered with other samples. I find it awkward sifting through the separation deeply picking out one instrument or sample, the dynamics are not up to speed feeling dull, boring as some put it. And last of all soundtage depth isn't well displayed. These are things H-100 does overly well without the timbre or tone of GR07..

So really what I have is one IEM that excels in excellent timbre and tone, another which excels in sound-stage and imaging. Both trade off the others advantage. I guess it comes down to which sections I mentioned one prefers the most.

It's hard to say which is better because while I find personally H-100 is technically advanced, I prefer good separation and dynamics, timbre takes up a large percentage of the listening experience. I wouldn't recommend owning both at one time, because they truly cause headache switching between them.

But I must add, this is only a quick summary and by no means the end to all things between them, there's many areas I have not covered such as the over all signature and crispness something like H-100 displays it's advantage of being a (Hyrbid) BA and dynamic in one. I am finding GR07 too warm for my tastes now overall. But the timbre surely has some advantage..

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM Post #4,384 of 7,982
So who makes the MH1C tips? These I must try - I've been using the stock bi-flanges for ages now.

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #4,385 of 7,982
I was listening to my GR07 MK2 again today....
I'm in two minds whether to sell them atm.
My problem is the timbre......it's so very natural,l I don't know of any IEM that can replicate percussion, strings, vocals anymore realistic than what they are with GR07. It's clear listening to Taylor Swift I cannot replicate the natural tone and edge with my H-100 Hyrbid. Switching between the two beside their different warmth and brightness levels the body / weight to instruments has great balance over the spectrum with GR07.
Though there's a trade off or two for that timbre. Layering, there's less air between instruments they feel slightly congested or smothered with other samples. I find it awkward sifting through the separation deeply picking out one instrument or sample, the dynamics are not up to speed feeling dull, boring as some put it. And last of all soundtage depth isn't well displayed. These are things H-100 does overly well without the timbre or tone of GR07..
So really what I have is one IEM that excels in excellent timbre and tone, another which excels in sound-stage and imaging. Both trade off the others advantage. I guess it comes down to which sections I mentioned one prefers the most.
It's hard to say which is better because while I find personally H-100 is technically advanced, I prefer good separation and dynamics, timbre takes up a large percentage of the listening experience. I wouldn't recommend owning both at one time, because they truly cause headache switching between them.
But I must add, this is only a quick summary and by no means the end to all things between them, there's many areas I have not covered such as the over all signature and crispness something like H-100 displays it's advantage of being a (Hyrbid) BA and dynamic in one. I am finding GR07 too warm for my tastes now overall. But the timbre surely has some advantage..

I've been there before too. It's timbre every time for me. Everything else is a bonus.

Nov 10, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #4,386 of 7,982
I've been there before too. It's timbre every time for me. Everything else is a bonus.

If Vsonic can replicate that natural timbre with GR08 their IEM will be a huge success, however I have a funny feeling maybe only something a dynamic driver can accomplish. It will be interesting to see the outcome with GR08, being mids and highs controlled by BA's.

Who knows, it may be a whole new timbre entirely that even excells GR07.

:popcorn:

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #4,388 of 7,982
Honestly, I think more bass will just hurt the balance of the GR07MKII, it already has plenty. But for bassheads, I guess it's a good idea. 

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #4,389 of 7,982
This is what lendurears updated on their facebook page.

Lastly, the product that many has been asking for.... Introducing the new GR07 Bass! It is the same GR07 sound that many people had come to love but now with a better bass body!

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #4,390 of 7,982
Quote:
GR07MKII is better than the 4AI, IMO. GR07 is more neutral, with a more natural tone. They are comparable in signature, despite one being BA and the other a dynamic. 
The MH1 one tips sound no different than Sony Hybrids, they're the same length and bore diameter. The MH1 seal more easily though, having better isolation as a result. 

I agree. The bass is much more to my liking on the GR07 mk2 also. I was looking for an upgrade, which led me to realise Im very happy with the Vsonics after trying the Heir's ( till thr GR08 are released... )
Quote:

Interesting.. I've always thought the 4A.i as something of an upgrade to the GR07.

I always assumed that it would be. Probably is for a lot of people. I guess it just depends on your preferances really.

Nov 10, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #4,391 of 7,982
Quote:
This is what lendurears updated on their facebook page.

From some info I gathered, the GR07 BASS (despite their name) isn't supposed to be a bass monster GR07 with more bass, but instead a GR07 with even better bass quality performance/response. I'm very curious on how the hell VSONIC managed to do that!!! If someone experienced enough with the other GR07 versions would pick these up and tell us if those claims are true would be really nice! Eke's name comes to mind now... 
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #4,392 of 7,982
I'm very tempted to pick up a pair of the bass editions as I find the gr07 mk1s to be slightly bass light when listening directly from the new iPod Touch 5g. I need to use my e11 to really love the headphone. On my Cowon J3 I could tweak it a bit to add a touch of low end boost but you can't do that with the Touch. I wonder if the Bass Edition will help w that. I suppose an upgrade from the original GR07 is in order anyway since the mk2 is out anyway. Haha.

Ugh. This hobby.

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #4,394 of 7,982
I'm hoping to be able to audition the mkii and bass edition soon. I have the first edition and I was wondering if any of the 2 are good enough to warrant upgrading. I've actually moved beyond the springy cables as I've had these for more than a year already.

Nov 11, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #4,395 of 7,982
Quote:
I'm hoping to be able to audition the mkii and bass edition soon. I have the first edition and I was wondering if any of the 2 are good enough to warrant upgrading. I've actually moved beyond the springy cables as I've had these for more than a year already.

By first edition, you mean the original ones, or from the second production batch (MK1.1)? Anyway, a direct comparison between the 3 models would be awesome! 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back