VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread
Sep 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #4,022 of 7,982
Brian installed Westone-style removable sockets on my Fischer Audio Silver Bullet (which has a dynamic driver).. his work was fantastic and I had no issues with them.  The SB is not vented and has a 'bullet' shaped shell.. I didn't have any heat issues.  You can see the pics at his site.

I suspect the challenging part in installing removable sockets on the GR07 would be socket placement.. the stock cable's termination point (into the shell) appears quite narrow.  The plastic piece that leads the cable in to the housing (and the part that many have complained about coming unglued from the driver housing) would most likely need to be discarded and the sockets installed on the driver's housing shell.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #4,023 of 7,982
Quote:
The plastic piece that leads the cable in to the housing (and the part that many have complained about coming unglued from the driver housing) would most likely need to be discarded and the sockets installed on the driver's housing shell.

That would be beautiful. Hopefully Vsonic implements that themselves in the future.

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #4,024 of 7,982
Quote:
Brian installed Westone-style removable sockets on my Fischer Audio Silver Bullet (which has a dynamic driver).. his work was fantastic and I had no issues with them.  The SB is not vented and has a 'bullet' shaped shell.. I didn't have any heat issues.  You can see the pics at his site.

I suspect the challenging part in installing removable sockets on the GR07 would be socket placement.. the stock cable's termination point (into the shell) appears quite narrow.  The plastic piece that leads the cable in to the housing (and the part that many have complained about coming unglued from the driver housing) would most likely need to be discarded and the sockets installed on the driver's housing shell.

It would probably be possible to cut away a bit of the shell to fit one in, but there's a chance it might modify the sound a little bit, changing the housing...

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #4,025 of 7,982
Has anyone experienced this.  My GR07's movable piece seems to be loser and easily moves when I make movements.  Before it was hard to adjust the ear piece and now it just too lose and seems to disrupt the desired fit. 

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #4,026 of 7,982
I think that's common, though mine still offer some resistance. Nothing to worry about afaik.

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #4,027 of 7,982
For me it is a concern.  I have noticed that the earpieces seem to move about more easily and come out of place.  Before when I set it at a certain position it had always stayed in that positiona not slipped out of place.  Now I seem to constantly adjusting to the desired position. 

Quote:
I think that's common, though mine still offer some resistance. Nothing to worry about afaik.

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM Post #4,028 of 7,982

It does happen over time. That's why I set mine up once and haven't moved them since opening. I suggest you use two very small dots of super glue. Get the nozel in the right direction, then use two dots where the metal touches the plastic around the edge.

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #4,029 of 7,982
Quote:
Has anyone experienced this.  My GR07's movable piece seems to be loser and easily moves when I make movements.  Before it was hard to adjust the ear piece and now it just too lose and seems to disrupt the desired fit. 

Although it seemed like a novel concept, I wondered how long it would last.

How long have you owned them?

Thanks, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #4,030 of 7,982
I have had them for 8 months now.  I had noticed the losinging on the left ear piece about 2 months ago and 1 month ago the right side started and now it is really lose it very easy to move about not as tough as it was.  For some people it might not matter for me it does as at times the ear piece slips out of position more easily and forces me to re-adjust every 10-20 minutes.
Quote:
Although it seemed like a novel concept, I wondered how long it would last.

How long have you owned them?

Thanks, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #4,031 of 7,982
Quote:
I have had them for 8 months now.  I had noticed the losinging on the left ear piece about 2 months ago and 1 month ago the right side started and now it is really lose it very easy to move about not as tough as it was.  For some people it might not matter for me it does as at times the ear piece slips out of position more easily and forces me to re-adjust every 10-20 minutes.

Thanks for the info.

Perhaps contact VSonic for a possible warranty?

Good Luck, and I hope it works out for you, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #4,032 of 7,982
Thanks!  I might just give that a try.  I was thinking about how I could try and prevent it from move about so easily and I think superglue might do the trick.  As I like it  at a certain position and would not mind if it was set at  it permanently.
Quote:
It does happen over time. That's why I set mine up once and haven't moved them since opening. I suggest you use two very small dots of super glue. Get the nozel in the right direction, then use two dots where the metal touches the plastic around the edge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back