VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Jun 8, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #2,206 of 2,697
i am gonna send my gr07 mk2 back for warranty purposes to lmue,,,,i was thinking of asking them to provide me with be instead of the classic which they are obliged to do.
but i am afraid they won't agree as classic is way cheaper than be.

but listening to copper pro's for a while i think mk2 can use a little bit more bass for sure,,otherwise its just too good especially for rock.the drums are beyond amazing on that.

can anyone here tell me difference between be and mk2 in a bit more detail than just having more bass and slightly less detail??

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #2,207 of 2,697
I sold mine a while ago and thought I could get some cheaper iems and be okay.  Regretted it.  I got the Sony XB90EX's and didn't really like them.  I've been using my JVC XX cheapo's and just happened upon the $130 price surfing ebay which is about the same price I sold my old ones for.  I'm back on board.

Jun 9, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #2,208 of 2,697
  I sold mine a while ago and thought I could get some cheaper iems and be okay.  Regretted it.  I got the Sony XB90EX's and didn't really like them.  I've been using my JVC XX cheapo's and just happened upon the $130 price surfing ebay which is about the same price I sold my old ones for.  I'm back on board.

man gr07 mk2 and be are both addictive.
they kick copper turbine pro's ass all day around and its not even close................

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #2,209 of 2,697
i am gonna send my gr07 mk2 back for warranty purposes to lmue,,,,i was thinking of asking them to provide me with be instead of the classic which they are obliged to do.
but i am afraid they won't agree as classic is way cheaper than be.

but listening to copper pro's for a while i think mk2 can use a little bit more bass for sure,,otherwise its just too good especially for rock.the drums are beyond amazing on that.

can anyone here tell me difference between be and mk2 in a bit more detail than just having more bass and slightly less detail??

Not sure what makes you think the BE has less detail??? To me they are the same as the mk2 with a touch more bass/sub bass. So if you like the Mk2 but found it a little bass light then...well...BE it is.

Jun 10, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #2,210 of 2,697
Not sure what makes you think the BE has less detail??? To me they are the same as the mk2 with a touch more bass/sub bass. So if you like the Mk2 but found it a little bass light then...well...BE it is.

like is a very small word for mk2!!
but yeah i would like a touch more bass/sub bass in them.

the other problem of gr07 is its isolation....

Jun 18, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #2,211 of 2,697
After about 18 months my GR07 BE is making crackling sounds when the audio jack end is moving, guess the Vsonics weren't built that well. Looking now for an upgrade in the $300 - $400 range with similar sound. Clear, analytical with a bit of bass, can anyone recommend anything?

Jun 18, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #2,213 of 2,697
  If you like the sound, then I'd have them recabled. 

even i want to know other option to gr07 mk2/be in 300-400$ range.
i am sending my gro7 mk2 back for warranty purposes so should i get re-400 as backup??

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #2,217 of 2,697
Thanks MattTCG, I enjoy their sound alot but not sure how long it will be before one of the drivers decides to die though. I have had the left driver of a GR07 mk1 go funny after 11 months. 

Currently checking out BTG Audio.

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:12 AM Post #2,218 of 2,697
I'm about to buy this to replace my VSD1 but I have one concern. I often lie down while listening to music and VSD1 has really been comfortable for me even with lying down sidewards unlike my Brainwavz B2. Can anybody confirm if it is comfortable to lie down sidewards while wearing GR07?

Jun 19, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #2,219 of 2,697
  Thanks MattTCG, I enjoy their sound alot but not sure how long it will be before one of the drivers decides to die though. I have had the left driver of a GR07 mk1 go funny after 11 months. 

Currently checking out BTG Audio.

I had exactly the same issue and just over 10.5 months. Mine are currently back at "lend me ur ears" for replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back