VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Nov 1, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #1,652 of 2,697
GR07 Classic is now on pre-order sale at taobao. According to the site, the new GR07 Classic would be available after a month but I doubt if they can deliver on time.I dont care if they're always late in the distribution as long as theyre true to their promise that it would be better than the old GR07 models for half the price (the upcoming GR07 Classic on pre order sale are priced at 599 yuan or 100USD).
tongue.gif
  Here's the link for those who are interested http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.5SGjGZ&id=9759384818&_u=1nadsou810f

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #1,653 of 2,697
Vsd1 le are back in stock for $69 on ebay and they are now normal with no special number

So...the limited edition is no longer limited?

GR07 Classic is now on pre-order sale at taobao. According to the site, the new GR07 Classic would be available after a month but I doubt if they can deliver on time.I dont care if they're always late in the distribution as long as theyre true to their promise that it would be better than the old GR07 models for half the price (the upcoming GR07 Classic on pre order sale are priced at 599 yuan or 100USD).
tongue.gif
  Here's the link for those who are interested http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.0.0.5SGjGZ&id=9759384818&_u=1nadsou810f

I don't see any classic there, just the previous models.

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #1,654 of 2,697
I'm sorry the site is in Chinese. You will notice that there are 2 different prices, 599-1,199 and there are 5 options under them. The first three options are the new GR07 Classic which are burgundy matte finished, blue, and gray. If this post is not allowed, please delete.

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,656 of 2,697
Any news on the tuning of the new classic version? I'm thinking of getting either the BE or MKII for my missy, but the hush hush over the classic version is keeping me from pulling the trigger..

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #1,657 of 2,697
  As a quick update to my earlier post, I received the GR07 BE's a few days ago and they are quite an improvement over the X10's in pretty much every way.  More detail, resolution, and general treble response.  Bass is similar but a bit faster and cleaner.  I'm giving these a chance to break in a bit more but I have been impressed so far. 

I received the GR01's the day after the GR07's and they have completely blown me away.  A big upgrade in every way (except bass quantity) over the X10's.  I want to give the 07's a chance to really be broken in before judging them against the 01's but I can say right now that they have a tough task ahead of them!  It may be that I just prefer the BA sound, but we'll see after a few weeks with both of these.

I have to wonder if this will happen to me after hearing a BA based IEM, that of which I haven't yet but I will likely be picking one up soon.  Still deciding on what model though...

Nov 1, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #1,658 of 2,697
  I have to wonder if this will happen to me after hearing a BA based IEM, that of which I haven't yet but I will likely be picking one up soon.  Still deciding on what model though...

The VC1000 is the little brother of the GR01. That may be a more affordable alternative.

Joker's review from his own webpage:
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/vsonic-vc1000/

Quoted from that review: "All in all, the VC1000 is a lower-priced – but not less capable – alternative to the GR01 and a very solid earphone for those who tend to prefer a flatter sound signature."

EDIT: $208 for GR01 vs $125 for VC1000 at lendmeurears

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #1,660 of 2,697

The VC1000 is the little brother of the GR01. That may be a more affordable alternative.

Joker's review from his own webpage:
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/vsonic-vc1000/

Quoted from that review: "All in all, the VC1000 is a lower-priced – but not less capable – alternative to the GR01 and a very solid earphone for those who tend to prefer a flatter sound signature."

EDIT: $208 for GR01 vs $125 for VC1000 at lendmeurears

Yessir, both are on my list :) I'll get to try a few (Westone, Shure, possibly one of the Vsonics) in January but I'm also considering cIEMs.  I also realized that I HAVE heard a BA IEM but it was several months ago and very brief demo.  The Ety HF5 - I liked what I heard though, but the deep insertion universal tips were not for me and became uncomfortable after about 10 minutes.  As far as deep insertion goes, I'd probably have to go cIEM to achieve a better level of comfort.

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #1,661 of 2,697
  Yessir, both are on my list :) I'll get to try a few (Westone, Shure, possibly one of the Vsonics) in January but I'm also considering cIEMs.  I also realized that I HAVE heard a BA IEM but it was several months ago and very brief demo.  The Ety HF5 - I liked what I heard though, but the deep insertion universal tips were not for me and became uncomfortable after about 10 minutes.  As far as deep insertion goes, I'd probably have to go cIEM to achieve a better level of comfort.

I see. Please post impressions when you do get them. My BA experience are with the Sony XBA-4 and PFE132. Next step for me is one of the hybrid IEMs (Dunu DN-1k, Sony XBA-H1, or whatever is good for a decent price).

On a side note, the Deals Thread showed the Westone 3 was going for $180 on an Amazon lightning deal that ended 8am. Missed it.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,663 of 2,697
After running my recently arrived set for 24 hours, they still sound like tinny piece of crap, easilly surpassed by $15 set. Using with Android, and a Sony Discman.  My real cans are Audeze LCD 3's....but I really dont have grandiose expectations, I just know what good sounds like.  I will be patient, and hope for  the improvement forum members suggest will be there by the 100 hour break in.  At this point I am a little skeptical and wondering if I got a bad set?  Have experimented with the different ear cups with some improvement with greater isolation.   Please tell me to keep hope alive!  Thanks and best to all, Tony from NH

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #1,664 of 2,697
  After running my recently arrived set for 24 hours, they still sound like tinny piece of crap, easilly surpassed by $15 set. Using with Android, and a Sony Discman.  My real cans are Audeze LCD 3's....but I really dont have grandiose expectations, I just know what good sounds like.  I will be patient, and hope for  the improvement forum members suggest will be there by the 100 hour break in.  At this point I am a little skeptical and wondering if I got a bad set?  Have experimented with the different ear cups with some improvement with greater isolation.   Please tell me to keep hope alive!  Thanks and best to all, Tony from NH

I don't have my BE's any more, but I found that I really needed to get a good seal and fairly deep insertion for them to sound fuller. You might want to experiment with that. Oh, and they improve beyond 100 hours of burn in also.

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:54 PM Post #1,665 of 2,697
Sounds like one or more of these possibly:

a) Improper seal.

b) Treble is too forward and peaky (I can certainly see this compared to an Audeze).

c) More recessed midrange comparatively.

I'd start with ensuring a good seal with as deep insertion as comfortably possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back