Vsonic GR06 lacking bass
Dec 22, 2012 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheFragileOne

Head-Fier
Hey everyone, I just got my pair of Vsonic GR06's two days ago and I love them! I used to have Skullcandy Ink'd so this was a big step up - but there's one problem - I'm so used to the extremely prevalent bass in the Skullcandy's. I was curious if the bass will get stronger with more burn in or if I should buy a FiiO E5 or E6 amp to bring out the bass. Last thing is, do you think that I will in time just get used to the less powerful bass? Thanks everybody.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 6
You will get used to it, but it could be a lack of a good seal. If you have already tried all the different tip sizes, Comply tips might help. They are really nice, and, while at the sacrifice of a little bit of treble, they amp up the bass a bit.

Jan 3, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm getting a bit more used to the bass with the standard bass boost EQ on my iPhone. I bought a FiiO E6 and L9 and will be here tomorrow.

Quote:
You will get used to it, but it could be a lack of a good seal. If you have already tried all the different tip sizes, Comply tips might help. They are really nice, and, while at the sacrifice of a little bit of treble, they amp up the bass a bit.

I'm using the blue hybrids with foam inside, the seal seems to be fine. I tried the comply's but I didn't like the sound as much.

Jan 3, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #6 of 6
The Gr06 just aren't bass monsters. The E6 by itself is actually going to make the bass punchier with slightly less bloat. It may even seem like a reduction in midbass. Using the bass boost of the E6 will make it warmer and the GR06 are warm to start with.

Use the amp as an amp and just use the iphone's EQ for the bass boost and see what you think.
They are awesome earphones for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back