"Vote" Solid State or Tubes..Which one is your Favourite?
Sep 21, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #91 of 99
Well yes of course he is the OP, but in this case then, may I suggest a slight change of the title? 

Sep 21, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #92 of 99
I really cant stand changing the OP after the thread has moved along its path. At best it confuses everything in the thread before the change was made. more often it is a tactic to cover up some idiotic post earlier on. Some other forums will ban you for modifying the OP. Anyone reading through the thread will figure it out. As much as noob threads will be a part of the internet, so too will be "thread drift." Stopping thread drift is a heroic task. None of the mods here save one or 2 care enough about a product to keep a thread on track. Nobody with the power to delete posts cares about anything in this thread - it will drift.

As odd as it may sound thread drift in a noob thread will actually help noobs more than answering the same noob question half a dozen times a page for how many pages!?
Hopefully some day down the line some noob will search his noob search term (Ok, so I started this off with a rough assumption but noobs who search dont post so it can not be accurately determined how many noobs a given noob thread actually helps) and find this thread. He will read this thread and in it he will find other search terms quickly which he can expand his searching with. The problem with strictly following the original intent of the thread for this is that the noob would have a rough time finding these words & ideas to look for if they were not mentioned here! You cant search for something you dont know exists... 

Sep 23, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #95 of 99
getting twice as many votes doesn't make it twice as good.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #96 of 99
OMG, now at 8 of Dynalo vs 18 of the M3 it makes the latter 2.25 times better!!!! 
redface.gif

Sep 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #97 of 99
a rather paltry if not altogether undistinguished list ... right now it's ss for me but it all depends on mood and price point

Sep 23, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #98 of 99

Quote:

The m3 judging by the votes and in the comments seem like 2 times better than the Sheer Audio HA-006+ (DynaLo) ....

Why?

How many of the 18 votes for M3 and 8 votes for HA-006+ do you suppose have heard both amps side by side on the same source and with the same pairs of headphones ? That's the only real test in my mind. Anything else is just a beauty contest. 

The M3 is a design, with lots of variations. The HA-006+ is one standardized product.

or maybe the M3 is exactly 2.25 times better because your poll is perfectly designed and executed.

There is no entirely correct answer. Choose your guru or choose your amp and go with it.

Sep 25, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #99 of 99

Quote:
How many of the 18 votes for M3 and 8 votes for HA-006+ do you suppose have heard both amps side by side on the same source and with the same pairs of headphones ?

I'm guilty of voting despite not having heard for myself ANY of these amps at all.
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back