Vote: Best Bang for the Buck < $300
Oct 3, 2008 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 135

1Time

Headphoneus Supremus
Vote for 1 set of headphones that you consider to be the best bang for the buck, whether you have used it or not.

For this poll the headphones must be full size, (circumaural or supraural, but not specifically designed for portability) and available for purchase new for under $300 (or on back order).

Please choose based on your personal preference, your current knowledge of these headphones, your uses for headphones, your budget, and your use or likely use of associated equipment. The main purpose of this thread is fun and to see what gets chosen. This is not a competition or a scientific survey.

I selected the headphones for this poll based primarily on my reading here at Head-Fi. You may choose other full size headphones, but please post what it is so others may know.

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 135
I voted for other because I think the hd600 is a great bang for the buck for their combination of detail and musicality that is unmatched by any of my past headphones.

As usual though, this poll isn't gonna be accurate because no one has probably heard all of the cans above. I have a gut feeling for example that the d2000 might be a great bang for the buck from users descriptions(especially modded) but wont vote for it because i havent heard it.

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #4 of 135
Are you strictly buying new? I've seen some used Senn HD650's go for less than 300 in our trade forums. If you can swing that I can't think of a better bang for the buck.

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:11 AM Post #5 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As usual though, this poll isn't gonna be accurate because no one has probably heard all of the cans above. I have a gut feeling for example that the d2000 might be a great bang for the buck from users descriptions(especially modded) but wont vote for it because i havent heard it.

The poll is for fun; it's not meant to be accurate. And, it is not a competition or a scientific poll. And as explained in my first post, anyone may vote for any full size headphones, whether used personally or not. Thanks

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #6 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you strictly buying new? I've seen some used Senn HD650's go for less than 300 in our trade forums. If you can swing that I can't think of a better bang for the buck.

I've stated nothing to indicate that I am buying headphones. This poll is limited to new headphones that may be bought new for under $300. If you consider the HD650 to be the best bang for the buck, please post stating this. Thanks

Oct 4, 2008 at 5:49 AM Post #8 of 135
Yeah, why is there only HD555 for Sennheiser?
biggrin.gif
The list is hardly all the headphones under $300.

If among those listed my choice is probably the DT880, thought I am not quite a fan of it.
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 5:51 AM Post #9 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with amp: HD6X0
without amp: SR225/325i (pesonally prefer 325i, but many can't handle edgy treble)

For this poll (as limited in usefulness as it may be), everyone gets only one vote. So for your vote to "count", please post about one set of headphones as the best bang for the buck based on your personal preferences, your current knowledge of full size headphones for under $300, your budget, and your use or likely use of associated equipment. Thanks

Oct 4, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #10 of 135
IF we are strictly speaking as best bang for the buck (as in what you get for what you pay) IMHO you cant get any better than what the AD700 provide for ~$100.

On the other hand, if you are asking which headphone provides the best overall given a $300 budget, I would definitely have to put the dt880 on top of that list. Fairly easily driven considering its impedence, well constructed so it isnt going to fall apart, and does a very broad variety of music well.

Oct 4, 2008 at 5:58 AM Post #11 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, why is there only HD555 for Sennheiser?
biggrin.gif
The list is hardly all the headphones under $300.

If among those listed my choice is probably the DT880, thought I am not quite a fan of it.
biggrin.gif

No, there's nothing wrong with the list. Option 10 allows anyone to "write in" their vote. Head-Fi only allows 10 choices in a poll. If you want to vote for another Sennheiser, you post stating which model, just as I explained in my first post. At the end of the poll on November 2, 2008, I will tally the numbers for all headphones and post the results.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #12 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've stated nothing to indicate that I am buying headphones. This poll is limited to new headphones that may be bought new for under $300. If you consider the HD650 to be the best bang for the buck, please post stating this. Thanks

My bad I should have read closer!
L3000.gif

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #14 of 135
Quote:

Originally Posted by themanbeast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IF we are strictly speaking as best bang for the buck (as in what you get for what you pay) IMHO you cant get any better than what the AD700 provide for ~$100.

On the other hand, if you are asking which headphone provides the best overall given a $300 budget, I would definitely have to put the dt880 on top of that list. Fairly easily driven considering its impedence, well constructed so it isnt going to fall apart, and does a very broad variety of music well.

No, for this poll, everyone gets to vote for one set of headphones. So for your vote to "count", please post about one set of headphones or vote for one in the poll as the best bang for the buck based on your personal preferences, your current knowledge of full size headphones for under $300, your budget, and your use or likely use of associated equipment. We're not voting for headphones to be used by anyone or everyone else. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back