volume of portables
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DannyBuoy

100+ Head-Fier
I have tried a Creative Zen (non-X-Fi) and a Sansa and both of them do not put out enough volume for my car stereo.
I have an Aux in on my car so it goes from earphone jack to Aux (not an rf type) and neither of my portables will put out enough volume to satisfy me enough to use them for audio source. As a comparison FM, CD, and MP3 CD's all get plenty loud enough.

My question is: I have read a lot about the Cowon products and I am thinking of ordering the D2 but I do not see anywhere that anyone says they get loud. I know that is subjective but if I search for volume in zen's a bunch of people complain the Zen's just dont get very loud at all (which I can attest to).

So although there is plenty of comments about how well they sound, does anyone know what I am asking in terms of loudness or volume (does the D2 go to eleven?)

Apr 2, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 2
yes the cowon will put out enough MW for your needs. the volume they produce is one of their biggest features as many can get away without the need for an amp as long as the load is high enough impedance to avoid bass roll-off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back