Vocals usually more on the right side than left?
Jul 31, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #17 of 34
i have noticed this a lot in my earphone

bass and vocal on right side on my UIEM.
it is in my all iem

and i went to doctor and he told me that my ear are normal

i have to place the left more deeper and it starts paining.

i just need the bass the center

Aug 3, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #19 of 34
actually i fixed my KZ ES4 by a huge margin. and some of my iem

i noticed that on the left earpiece, pressure relieving port was smaller than right(KZ ES4)...

i just used a needle and tried to widen the hole without puncturing the vent

spinfit cp240 was used

and viola

fixed

its not the problem with our ears, but the ability to find problem before blaming ourselves

Aug 6, 2018 at 2:00 AM Post #21 of 34
wrong thread

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 34
I have to say, i found this very amusing since i was just googling this problem. I'd rather not create a new thread while an older thread remains. But i have the SAME DAMN ISSUE. Vocals always seem to be on the right side then in the center.

Really ****ing annoying! even with 4k systems.

Oct 4, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #23 of 34
I have to say, i found this very amusing since i was just googling this problem. I'd rather not create a new thread while an older thread remains. But i have the SAME DAMN ISSUE. Vocals always seem to be on the right side then in the center.

Sometimes I realize that the recording is as such actually. The engineer pans the sound to one side during recordings. I guess if u swap earpieces and the sound goes to the other ear, or if it occurs with other IEMs/headphones, then it might be the recording itself. Of course if it persists on the same side, then best to see a doctor!

Oct 5, 2020 at 12:19 AM Post #24 of 34

Yeah I was going to say, it's definitely the way it was recorded and intended by the engineer. Sometimes they prefer their music to be played on x kind of system or they just like to throw out weird positioning :sweat:

Oct 5, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #25 of 34
Sometimes I realize that the recording is as such actually. The engineer pans the sound to one side during recordings. I guess if u swap earpieces and the sound goes to the other ear, or if it occurs with other IEMs/headphones, then it might be the recording itself. Of course if it persists on the same side, then best to see a doctor!
Really is a shame, because as we have come to find out using headphones regardless of equipment price and it does nothing but annoy you.
Yeah I was going to say, it's definitely the way it was recorded and intended by the engineer. Sometimes they prefer their music to be played on x kind of system or they just like to throw out weird positioning :sweat:
Sad thing is it seems most songs are recorded this way :deadhorse:

This song shows it well, do you guys get the same feeling? It seems to be louder on the right side and the vocals aren't centered but slightly to the right.

Oct 7, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #26 of 34
Really is a shame, because as we have come to find out using headphones regardless of equipment price and it does nothing but annoy you.

Sad thing is it seems most songs are recorded this way :deadhorse:

This song shows it well, do you guys get the same feeling? It seems to be louder on the right side and the vocals aren't centered but slightly to the right.

Yup it is leaning to the right. It just seems that's just how it was mastered unfortunately. Most music seems to be made for speakers.

Oct 7, 2020 at 10:37 PM Post #27 of 34
Yup it is leaning to the right. It just seems that's just how it was mastered unfortunately. Most music seems to be made for speakers.
Yep i realized and it sucks. Once you notice it with a good pair of headphones you cant ever forget it's not centered. It's very noticeable with high quality gear.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #28 of 34
I thought I was going mad. I tried switching headphones and the same issue. Today I thought I'll do a google search and landed here, looks like I am not the only one.

Feb 15, 2023 at 7:12 PM Post #30 of 34
I'm experiencing this too. Sometimes is the vocals and some instruments. To me this happens only in some songs or even in entire albums. It's weird because I feel that my right ear becomes more "tired" for the sound that is going predominantly there for a long time. I though it could be that the earbud is unbalanced because when I use another earbud I have (lower quality) all the sound becomes more central. But I still don't know because in the earbud that this happens when I change to mono audio the song becomes "central".

Sometimes I wonder if its unbalance or soundstage

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back