Viva Egoista 845 SET Tube amplifier 10K Headphone Masterpiece
Feb 24, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #376 of 562
My Egoista was last year back in Italy and Viva did a lot of improvments on it. Much quiter and less noise, I think they do this improvments now on all 845.

Feb 24, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #377 of 562
I think you are right @FiftyKilo.

I have myself done a personal mod thanks to C&H, the French importer: the volume pot.

Feb 27, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #378 of 562
My Egoista was last year back in Italy and Viva did a lot of improvments on it. Much quiter and less noise, I think they do this improvments now on all 845.

Hello,

Why did you get also the LAu to drive the Abyss ? Different sounding than the Egoista with those headphones ??

Feb 27, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #379 of 562
The LAu is my sommer SetUp, my Bedroom is very tiny and from May to October it get to warm with the Viva 845.

Feb 28, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #380 of 562
Hello @FiftyKilo,

​What sound difference do you hear between the Egoista and the LAu driving the Abyss ??
I was wondering if purchasing a LAu I could have less accentuated upper trebles
confused.gif

Did you listen to the Moon HA430 ??

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #381 of 562
  Hello @FiftyKilo,

​What sound difference do you hear between the Egoista and the LAu driving the Abyss ??
confused.gif

The Moon 430 HAD is good, but the Moon 600i via speaker taps is sublime. With your budget, you really should try this setup, you'll be delighted.

Feb 28, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #382 of 562
@Yoga, I have noticed this combo 600i-Abyss in different threads.
Was also thinking at 430HA-Abyss and LAu-Abyss.

Wondering going with a speakers amp...
Joe showed the KR Kronzilla-Abyss setup.

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #383 of 562
  Hello @FiftyKilo,

confused.gif

Hi,
the Egoista is a totally diffrent world of sound, much more room/space - the bass is deeper and richer - everything is more three dimension an more realistic. When I listen in the summertime with the LAu, in the first three days it is not a pleasure, but then after a week my brain did forget the beauty of the Egoista Sound and every thing is fine. The bi bang comes back in the Autum when I switch back to the Egoista. 

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #384 of 562
Jun 22, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #385 of 562
Hello,

Thank you @FiftyKilo for this return. It helps a lot.

Selling my Egoista to fund the new mk2 version.
http://casques-headphones.com/56-occasions
Hi cladane.

I was recently thinking of getting the Viva Audio Egoista 2A3, but I'm not sure whether it would be worth to spend this kind of money compared to some other amps I've heard like Mass Kobo 394, Luxman p-750u or Goldmund Telos (more expensive).

Could you let me know how much better would the Egoista be over these amps if you've heard them, or the Luxman p-700u, seeing as how you own it?

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #386 of 562
Hi.

I m very interested in this amp.

Any last impresions ?

Works fine with all Dynamics and Planars Headphones..?

I have a variety of them.High and low impedance..see my signature

Now i have a Moon Neo 430 Had ,Woo Wa6 SE and a furure Chord Dave.

Is for another equipment .

Is better than Moon ?

Tks for impressions

Regards

Sisco

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #387 of 562
I use Viva Egoista with high and low impedance, dynamic and orthodynamic headphones and I have no driver problem.
I can tell you that the end of the games is playing the Viva Egoista with an Abyss, better than Lcd4.
I ordered a Susvara and should arrive shortly, tells me Pierre Paya that Viva piloted him by coming in with 3v. To be a valve, it has an atypical, slender, fast sound but maintains a better magic of valve sound.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #389 of 562
surely a tough decision. I'm thinking of selling my own to go to a Riviera Aic-10, the designer should come to me in the next few days and try it, but I'm still waiting for the Susvara and I postponed. The 6moons review on the Riviera leaves a few doubts, extraordinary product.
Mine is yellow/black.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #390 of 562
Hi I am very interested in egoista 845.. but does it have xlr input ? Anyone has focal utopia ? How does it sound with 845?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back