Virtual Phone Number Service
Jun 1, 2007 at 6:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

revan

100+ Head-Fier
I am starting up a consulting business on the cheap and need to have a phone number that I can either forward to my current (work) cell phone or to voice mail that I can access from another phone or on-line. The plan is that I would purchase a new cell phone when I start to produce income. I would like to be able to easily change the phone that the new number is being forwarded too, if necessary, so I won't have to post a new number, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Revan

Jun 1, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by revan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am starting up a consulting business on the cheap and need to have a phone number that I can either forward to my current (work) cell phone or to voice mail that I can access from another phone or on-line. The plan is that I would purchase a new cell phone when I start to produce income. I would like to be able to easily change the phone that the new number is being forwarded too, if necessary, so I won't have to post a new number, etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Revan

onebox.com does what you want. I use lynx communications, but they seems to be a dying service. I would switch to onebox if I could transfer my current number.

Let me know how it works out if you do try onebox.com.
Skype is too unstable for a real business. We use it sometimes when we have to, but the quality is not good enough.

P.K.

Jun 2, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks Guys - Onebox sounds great, I know Skype has a follow me / find me feature, but I don't like the quality that I hear when I listen to podcasts using it (funny lags, etc.)

Revan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back