virtual haircut
Aug 25, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #2 of 44
thats sweet lol

Aug 25, 2008 at 4:21 AM Post #5 of 44
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f9/leg...-links-223165/?
tongue.gif

Aug 25, 2008 at 1:17 PM Post #9 of 44
Too bad it isn't Miles Davis in concert instead of a haircut. Clearly headphones are not the stumbling block to a realistic sound stage. It's the recording. If all live albums were binaural, all audiophiles would have headphone rigs.

Tim

Aug 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM Post #10 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by tfarney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Too bad it isn't Miles Davis in concert instead of a haircut. Clearly headphones are not the stumbling block to a realistic sound stage. It's the recording. If all live albums were binaural, all audiophiles would have headphone rigs.

Tim

Funny you should say that. Sitting here listening to Miles "Seven Steps to Heaven"
k701smile.gif

On topic. I've head most of these Binaural recordings and always wondered why more music isnt recorded in that format.

Aug 25, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #11 of 44
There are plenty of threads about that but from what I remember it doesn't always transfer to speakers in a very pleasing way. Also, why bother (iBud generation etc)?

Aug 25, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by ndskyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny you should say that. Sitting here listening to Miles "Seven Steps to Heaven"
k701smile.gif

On topic. I've head most of these Binaural recordings and always wondered why more music isnt recorded in that format.

Binaural and binaural techniques are the future for surround headphones. But binaural music doesn't sound natural on speakers. hard to explain the sound, but I'd say nasal. That's probably the reason why there's so little binaurally recorded music available.

Aug 25, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #15 of 44
I think the virtual haircut is a great binaural recording.
smily_headphones1.gif

Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back