Violectric V222 and V202
Oct 5, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #827 of 1,920
For those who ordered a V222 --- what amp are you replacing?
just another one for my collection.......Not replacing anything at this point. IF it is as great as I anticipate, I may decide to thin the heard, but knowing me, I'll probably just get more space And keep them all. :dt880smile:

Oct 5, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #829 of 1,920
For those who ordered a V222 --- what amp are you replacing?
I'm replacing a 2 week old V222 from Amazon with the drop V222. Amazon doesn't do price match guarantees so I returned it since I paid over 1500.

I'm back with my Topping A90D for now while I wait for the drop. The V222 is definitely warmer in comparison. V222 gives me punchier bass with more texture. Soundstage and imaging between the two seem similar though on my Clear MG. I'm also hearing more sibilance with the A90D + Clear MG now that I don't remember from before.

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #830 of 1,920
Answering my own question: I'm hoping that the V222 will bring a bit warmer and punchier sound to my Senn 800S and improve the soundstage compared to my Jotunheim 2 amp.

That said, I love the sound of the Jot 2 and have no plans to stop using it.

Also, the Violectric won't perform as a preamp and allow me to connect my powered Audioengine 2 speakers.

I used to have a pair of Vanderstein floor-standing speakers with my big-rig Bryston preamp, Oddysey Audio amp and Oppo cd/dvd player.
I got as much enjoyment from the little Audioengine desktop speakers as with the Vandys.
I'm looking forward to getting the Audioengines back in service and connecting them to the Jot 2.

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #831 of 1,920
Answering my own question: I'm hoping that the V222 will bring a bit warmer and punchier sound to my Senn 800S and improve the soundstage compared to my Jotunheim 2 amp.

That said, I love the sound of the Jot 2 and have no plans to stop using it.

Also, the Violectric won't perform as a preamp and allow me to connect my powered Audioengine 2 speakers.

I used to have a pair of Vanderstein floor-standing speakers with my big-rig Bryston preamp, Oddysey Audio amp and Oppo cd/dvd player.
I got as much enjoyment from the little Audioengine desktop speakers as with the Vandys.
I'm looking forward to getting the Audioengines back in service and connecting them to the Jot 2.
Just a note in case you weren't aware, the V226 would work as a preamp with RCA outs (with the same amp attributes as the V222) - the only potential drawback is losing the XLR inputs on the back (has RCA only).

Oct 5, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #832 of 1,920
Just a note in case you weren't aware, the V226 would work as a preamp with RCA outs (with the same amp attributes as the V222) - the only potential drawback is losing the XLR inputs on the back (has RCA only).
Thanks, LXMc.
I won't be needing a built-in DAC since I will continue using the wonderful Bifrost 2.
I prefer XLR inputs to RCA. And, of course, the V226 is pricier than the V222 I have on order.
Appreciate your thoughts and someone else may read them and opt for the V226.

Oct 7, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #833 of 1,920
At this writing, the Violectric HPA V222 is sold through on Drop.

I see sixteen requests currently to bring it back for sale.

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #834 of 1,920
I see that the V222 is now available at retail -- including the Violectric store on Amazon, which is offering delivery by Friday.

Does anyone have one yet?

Oct 11, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #835 of 1,920
Oct 11, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #836 of 1,920
Thoman, which is a German seller that ships worldwide, has it (albeit also currently out of stock) for way less than even Power Holdings (even with a hefty shipping cost to the US, its price is substantially lower). Anyone know if they are a reliable seller?

Oct 11, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #837 of 1,920
Thoman, which is a German seller that ships worldwide, has it (albeit also currently out of stock) for way less than even Power Holdings (even with a hefty shipping cost to the US, its price is substantially lower). Anyone know if they are a reliable seller?
I bought my V550 Pro from Thomann, they are very reliable, the exact shipping fees will be slightly change after you please the order, the website is showing estimated shipping cost only, also clearence / brokerage charge may be required to be be paid to DHL / UPS, I paid about $42.

Oct 11, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #838 of 1,920
They are for real. I bought a set of headphones from them. The price was great including shipping from Europe to Canada. A few months later I had a problem with the headphones and they refunded my shipping cost to return the headphone and covered the shipping back to me. They made absolutely NO profit on that sale. Great company!

Oct 11, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #839 of 1,920

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #840 of 1,920
I got my 222 from Thomann. Great price, quick shipping, and zero issues.

Two things to note though:

1) your unit will come 220v, so don't forget to open up the lid and switch to 115v; and

2) the Violectric warranty will be invalid, so you will have to rely on Thomann's warranty instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back