Violectric V200 vs. Meier Audio Corda Classic - Which one?
Jan 21, 2014 at 7:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Suopermanni

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi!

These two amp have gotten my attention and are currently on my wishlist. However, I can only buy ONE. I know the V200 is pricier than the Corda Classic but assuming that is not an issue, which one would suit more headphones?

Headphones I want to pair with the amps:

SoundMAGIC HP100/200
HiFiMan HE 500/560
Sennheiser HD600
Philips Fidelo X1
Sony MA900
Mr Speakers' Alpha Dog

Assuming these headphones are to be used and attached to an Audio Lab M-DAC (which will be modded to MDAC2), which should I get?

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #3 of 4
I own a Corda Concerto (the predecessor to the Classic) and a V200. My advice, buy both.
biggrin.gif

Hmm...would that mean they are complementary amps or that they are so different, one needs to hear both?

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #4 of 4
Hmm...would that mean they are complementary amps or that they are so different, one needs to hear both?

I haven't heard the Classic, but the Concerto and the V200 sound very different. The Corda has a sunny, vivid presentation. I hate to use the word "bright," as it often carries negative connotations. The V200, tonally, is almost an exact opposite. Given the number of different sounding cans you own, you may find one amplifier preferable to the other, depending on your choice of transducer. I know I do. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back