Vintage A RS-1 question.
Jul 13, 2013 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SBranson

Headphoneus Supremus
I have had the good luck to come across what appears to be a set of Vintage A RS-1s that are new.  A couple tiny marks on the wood box but the headphones are supposedly new, never used.
I am dying to take them out and try them but do you think they'd lose value in doing so?  I'm tempted to do it on the grounds that I need to check out that they sound okay.

Jul 13, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #2 of 12
have you asked the seller? Not sure if you are buying it sealed. (I have not bought a pair. Not sure if they even are) If not then just ask to try them out first. More then likely an open box would lose some retail, but if it looks sketchy, just demand that you wish to see/try them out before you buy them. Also check if there is a return policy. If so that could cover you right there. 

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #3 of 12
I have them already.  They were owned by an audio dealer who was selling the last of his inventory.  These aren't sealed but he said that they are new/never used.  They sure look it.

They come with the flat pads but also come with "replacement bowl pads".  I guess for their vintage there was an option?

I'll post some pics later and hopefully someone can confirm what they are.  The rods are square with metal tips and everything else looks like Vintage A.   I guess I will try them out under the pretext of knowing for sure that they sound okay.

Jul 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 12
Please open it and enjoy the phone.

Pardon my ignorance but are there phones others buy not to use? 

looking forward to some pics though
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #5 of 12
I know what you're saying.  I'm usually more the type to buy some well used ones.  I had a pair of these back when they were the current model and I adored them but I'm working on a Stax based system these days.

Jul 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #7 of 12
Wow.....Those are gorgeous.

I would already have some AC/DC on and be listening to those! 

Seriously, they look great.

Jul 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #8 of 12
You have the wooden box which is very desirable, so you definitely have a set of the earlier model. Nice score! If you ebay those, you should get at least a grand, I would assume... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back