Video Software for PSP and iPod
Jan 16, 2006 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pspivak

500+ Head-Fier
I was wondering if anybody has any experience or suggestions for video transfer programs from dvr-ms format to iPod and PSP. I have both and would like to buy one program just to make it easy. I do not need DVD transfer compatibility, mainly just for transfer from TV (Windows Media Center) so I can watch All My Children (from the previous day) at work on either system.

I have tried Video Vault (slow and no single step process) and DVR2WMV and then a WMV encoder. I prefer single step. Video vault also creates some huge (4+ gigabyte per hour) files that it creates transfer files from. Not very economical. I also tried VideoToGo which worked fine with iPod but had issues with PSP. Again I would like to have just one program for simplicity’s sake. There is supposedly a version of Video Vault for PVR’s that is advertised to be compatible with iPod and PSP but it was not at least that is what I came up with.

Anyway, your thoughts and experience would be appreciated.

Jan 16, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #2 of 3
The problems is that the PSP relative lack of storage capacity holds it back. Even if you use a 1gb mem stick it would not hold much not to mention if you wanted to put a couple of episodes and then you might have to compromise at picture quality. And the mem sticks are costly

Maybe the ipod video may be the better way?

I have yet to use the PSP as a video playback device besides viewing UMD's.

Jan 16, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by pspivak
I was wondering if anybody has any experience or suggestions for video transfer programs from dvr-ms format to iPod and PSP. I have both and would like to buy one program just to make it easy. I do not need DVD transfer compatibility, mainly just for transfer from TV (Windows Media Center) so I can watch All My Children (from the previous day) at work on either system.

Hey pspivak, good to see there's another PSP fan. I'm using the PSP Media Manager that works quite well with standard conversions to AVC where the source has no DRM (like yours). Let me know if you want me to test out a file of yours. If it works, this will be as close to one-step as you can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back