Video-Game Console-fi
Aug 23, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #91 of 122
i'm up to 300 something, and of the same outlook...maybe when i have time i'll play em all

some games do go up in value but usually not all that much.  i have a handful that are worth more than what i paid.

Aug 27, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #93 of 122
Currently in my entertainment system...

Xbox 360 (120GB HDD)
Playstation 3 fully backward compatible 60GB version
Nintendo Wii

Handhelds

Nintendo DS
Playstation Portable

Aug 27, 2010 at 2:05 PM Post #94 of 122
Oh this brings back memories. At one point I had a closet full of systems, comprising a pretty thorough collection up to the Playstation 2 era. Since then I've sold or given almost everything away, as I just don't see myself using it. In my prime collecting days I had:

Atari 2600
Amiga A500
ColecoVision
Sega Master System
NES
TurboGrafx-16
Sega Genesis
SNES
NeoGeo
Panasonic FZ-1 (3DO system)
Philips CD-i 910
Sony Playstation
Atari Jaguar
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Sony PS2

Just thinking about them makes me miss them a bit.

Aug 31, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #95 of 122

Quote:
Oh this brings back memories. At one point I had a closet full of systems, comprising a pretty thorough collection up to the Playstation 2 era. Since then I've sold or given almost everything away, as I just don't see myself using it. In my prime collecting days I had:

Atari 2600
Amiga A500
ColecoVision
Sega Master System
NES
TurboGrafx-16
Sega Genesis
SNES
NeoGeo
Panasonic FZ-1 (3DO system)
Philips CD-i 910
Sony Playstation
Atari Jaguar
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
Sony PS2

Just thinking about them makes me miss them a bit.

Woah! That's quite a collection! Too bad that you got rid of it. I still have my old Amiga 500 and sometimes I take it out and play. I bought a Sega Dreamcast just last year. I was into PC gaming when the Dreamcast was released and it about 10 years too late I discover how fun a console it was.
I had an Atari 2600 when I was a kid and I would love to have one again.

Sep 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #96 of 122
I grew up with the SNES and then the Gameboy Color. Later in my life, I migrated to Sony. I was (still am) a huge fan of the PS2 - in my eyes the clear winner of that generation's console wars. I have the PS3 now, but use it less as a gaming console than a family Blu-Ray player. Would love to have a DS, but still waiting for the price to dip below $100.

Oct 5, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #97 of 122
Xbox 360, PS3 and gaming PC running Windows 7 64BIt with 8 Gig of RAM etc etc, all connected to a Samsung 24" 1080p monitor.
Jewel in the crown though is the Fanatec Porsche Turbo S wheel with Clubsport pedals, which work on all 3 platforms. 
smile.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #98 of 122
Game systems I own (or have owned):

Currently own:

Xbox 360 Slim (250 GB)
Sega Dreamcast
Nintendo Gamecube
Nintendo 64
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Neo Geo Pocket Color

Previously Owned:

NES (someone stole it
frown.gif
)
Super Nintendo (SNES; sold)
Playstation One (laser lens died)
Nintendo Wii (sold)
Xbox (died and went to heaven)
Xbox 360 Phat (120 GB; sold; didn't RROD on me)

Of these systems, the Xbox 360 Slim is what my primary gaming console would be. It's got the games lineup, not to mention the entertainment factor and the matching looks to go with my HDTV setup. For the portable front, the Nintendo DS is where it's at for me. For nostalgia, my favorite console would be the Sega Dreamcast. So many good games, but such a short lifespan...
frown.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #99 of 122
Own/have owned:

Old Atari, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, PSone, PS2, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, DS, PSP, XBox, XBox360, PS3

Still use:

XBox360, PSP

I keep the original XBox around solely to use with Steel Battalion(Giant Controls/Mech Game).  Nostalgic value easily falls between the Dreamcast and the PSone....I keep the PSP around just to play ports of PSone games.  Honestly not much of a gamer anymore but I do enjoy some Halo Reach action on a regular basis....until the next Fallout/Mass Effect game comes out; then I will be an avid gamer again for several weeks.

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:00 AM Post #100 of 122

Quote:
Of these systems, the Xbox 360 Slim is what my primary gaming console would be. It's got the games lineup, not to mention the entertainment factor and the matching looks to go with my HDTV setup. For the portable front, the Nintendo DS is where it's at for me. For nostalgia, my favorite console would be the Sega Dreamcast. So many good games, but such a short lifespan...
frown.gif

Why'd you switch from the old 360 to the new slim?

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:21 PM Post #101 of 122
Intellivisions rocked back then. I still remember the commercials. But the Collecovision was definately a step up.

Oct 7, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #102 of 122
The new Xbox 360 has a sleeker design, has a glossy black finish, and all-around just looks like a much sleeker console. Aside from the looks, the new Xbox 360 has a 45nm chip design, code-named "Valhalla", which decreases the amount of heat produced as well as energy usage. The new Xbox 360 uses less than HALF the power of the original Xbox 360 model. Also the motherboard design was completely redone and a new air vent design was implemented. In addition, the new Xbox 360 features built-in WiFi 802.11n and a 250 GB hard drive, which was a sizable step up from the 120 GB hard drive I previously owned. The new 360 is literally 'whisper quiet' as advertised, and with all of the hard drive space I'm able to install all of my games to the hard drive for super quiet game time.
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
Why'd you switch from the old 360 to the new slim?

Oct 11, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #103 of 122
I´ve had:

NES (where it all started)
Atari Jaguar (AVP!)
Playstation (good)
Nintendo 64 (fantastic)
Sega Dreamcast (legendary!)
Gamecube (letdown)
Playstation 2 (letdown)
Xbox (fantastic)

Currently have: Xbox360, PS3 and Wii. So yeah I´m pretty hardcore when it comes to gaming
smily_headphones1.gif
PS3 is mostly used as a bluray player, I have to say Xbox360 is my current favourite by far. A friend of mine got the new design one it´s so quiet and nice looking
smily_headphones1.gif
Will definately upgrade at some point, and who knows, Kinect might be pretty good once the non-launch games start coming.

Right now I´m playing Halo Reach, and my next game will be Fallout New Vegas!

Oct 11, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #104 of 122
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Sega Nomad
Sega Saturn
Sega Dreamcast
PSX
PS2
PS3 (just yellow lighted on me I need to crack it open)
XBOX 360
Nintendo Gamecube
Gameboy Advance Micro

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM Post #105 of 122

Quote:
I´ve had:

NES (where it all started)
Atari Jaguar (AVP!)
Playstation (good)
Nintendo 64 (fantastic)
Sega Dreamcast (legendary!)
Gamecube (letdown)
Playstation 2 (letdown)
Xbox (fantastic)

Currently have: Xbox360, PS3 and Wii. So yeah I´m pretty hardcore when it comes to gaming
smily_headphones1.gif
PS3 is mostly used as a bluray player, I have to say Xbox360 is my current favourite by far. A friend of mine got the new design one it´s so quiet and nice looking
smily_headphones1.gif
Will definately upgrade at some point, and who knows, Kinect might be pretty good once the non-launch games start coming.

Right now I´m playing Halo Reach, and my next game will be Fallout New Vegas!

That's funny.  I had a PS3 for about a year and sold it after I realized that I was using it primarily to charge cell phones off the usb port...that being said, they've finally gotten their exclusive library to a point where I would like to own one again, but I'm just not as big of a gamer anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back