Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Apr 21, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #1,066 of 1,087
     Quote:
PS. What these excel at is simple music and acoustic instruments. Violin sounds wonderful with these, they really allow one to listen for long periods with no fatigue and the violin sounds creamy and vibrant and engaging. Piano has a wonderful tone, one just gets lost in the emotion and can really feel all that the pianist is putting into their performance!

I agree these excel at piano, harpsichord, violin. etc.

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #1,067 of 1,087

is it just me or does this frequency response look extremely good?  Haha.

img160.gif

Apr 25, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #1,068 of 1,087
So are they starting to grow on you Kiteki? A headfier mentioned a mod of pulling out the filters and using comply tips with them which puts them near the level of his $1000.00 dollar full size headphones. Sounds like an interesting mod.

Apr 25, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #1,069 of 1,087
      Quote:
So are they starting to grow on you Kiteki?

Yes and no, can't decide on if I want to keep them or not yet.  I have comply tips and will remove the filters completely and report on that mod if I decide to keep them.

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #1,070 of 1,087
Looks nigh perfect for a 'neutral' earphone, missing a few peaks here an there, but wonderful. I honestly don't mind what a response looks like as this isn't an amp or source which should try its best to mimic the original signal. Earphones can do whatever they want.
Quote:

is it just me or does this frequency response look extremely good?  Haha.

img160.gif

Apr 26, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #1,071 of 1,087

Quote:
      Quote:

Yes and no, can't decide on if I want to keep them or not yet.  I have comply tips and will remove the filters completely and report on that mod if I decide to keep them.

I was thinking about buying a pair of FX500s down the road and trying the mod. I mean at the asking price and if it can make them sound that good. I think it would be worth a shot.

May 2, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #1,076 of 1,087
I just got my FX500 from Seyo -- very quick from Japan to NZ. However, I have a question.

Straight out of the box, with decored olives, I'm noticing the bass, yes, but also some harshness on the trebles, with distortion at the top. (It's worse with the stock tips, and with the RE0 biflanges.).

Interesting... those are my favorite alternative tips.

@Lee, I'm tired of 'trying' to like these IEM's.  Hopefully I'll have the chance to post a mini review before I pack them up.  The frequency response is okay, I don't like the elevated bass very much though.

May 2, 2012 at 6:11 AM Post #1,077 of 1,087
Quote:

Interesting... those are my favorite alternative tips.

@Lee, I'm tired of 'trying' to like these IEM's.  Hopefully I'll have the chance to post a mini review before I pack them up.  The frequency response is okay, I don't like the elevated bass very much though.

Yeah too much bass can be a deal breaker for me as well. Luckily my FX700s bass settled down and more balanced after usage.

May 2, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #1,078 of 1,087
Hi, everyone! I've done some research for the past few days for a new pair of in ear. So I ended up here and I just found what I needed. I need to get a hand on these! Just tell me where to buy one!

1. I'm from Canada and I've searched on google everywhere but I can't seem to find a reseller.

2. I also tried http://www.seyo-shop.com/home.php but the website is down.

A little would be appreciated thx guys!

May 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #1,079 of 1,087
Quote:
Hi, everyone! I've done some research for the past few days for a new pair of in ear. So I ended up here and I just found what I needed. I need to get a hand on these! Just tell me where to buy one!

1. I'm from Canada and I've searched on google everywhere but I can't seem to find a reseller.

Quote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JVC-HP-FX500-Inner-ear-headphones-/170413859437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27ad75226d

Just make sure he's an authorized dealer and then things should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back