Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
Nov 12, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #33 of 1,217
After FW10000 was revealed at PortaFes last month, it gets high praise from japanese people. It could be called "Hype-Tsunami" now at Twitter. I search text 'FW10000' at Twitter to check feedbacks. Many likes it a lot. Even some said for about 170K yen, it is still cheap for its SQ. Anyway, the first batch is already out-of stock within about 2-hours. The second batch will be restocked by the late January 2019. Therefore anybody who plans to travel Japan in this Christmas, you can't get JVC HA-FW10000.

Wow!

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #36 of 1,217
Call me interested, but that price tag...
Hope they truly are that good.

Nov 12, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #37 of 1,217
http://kotosquare.jvckenwood.com/shop/item_detail?category_id=0&item_id=2465970

The price is in HD 800 S territory, but they’ve already flown off the shelves... As much as it sucks, that’s validation for them that raising their prices was the right way to go. The next shipment is not expected until late January, so even if you wanted to buy these, you couldn’t.

It’s kind of a weird feeling for me because even though I can’t afford them (yet), I feel like I’m gonna miss out:joy: I’m looking forward to the headphone version of these though.

Imagine emotional musical reproduction of fw01 mixed with speed and transparency of fd01.

I was wondering if they’d ever make a combo of the wood driver and the kelton subwoofer from the FXZ series. The Wood dome + DLC diaphragm might be the magic combination... For the low low price of $1,700.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #39 of 1,217
http://kotosquare.jvckenwood.com/shop/item_detail?category_id=0&item_id=2465970

The price is in HD 800 S territory, but they’ve already flown off the shelves... As much as it sucks, that’s validation for them that raising their prices was the right way to go. The next shipment is not expected until late January, so even if you wanted to buy these, you couldn’t.

It’s kind of a weird feeling for me because even though I can’t afford them (yet), I feel like I’m gonna miss out:joy: I’m looking forward to the headphone version of these though.

There is a headphone version of this, Victor HA-WM90:smirk:

Nov 17, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #41 of 1,217
From what I read, HA-WM90 wood frame is made of 1400s Maple Wood which is stored inside North America Ocean certified by AQUA Timber Company.

JVC HA-WM90 01.jpg

JVC HA-WM90 02.jpg

Nov 17, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #43 of 1,217
This headphone was first released last year as part of a package which required you going to Victor studio, testing various speaker setting, deciding which one you like and than Victor Studio will create a dedicated DSP for you to mimic that sound.
I think they didn't sell well, 9000 USD it cost as a package. And they realised it as stand alone.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #44 of 1,217
This headphone was first released last year as part of a package which required you going to Victor studio, testing various speaker setting, deciding which one you like and than Victor Studio will create a dedicated DSP for you to mimic that sound.
I think they didn't sell well, 9000 USD it cost as a package. And they realised they will sell it as stand alone.

I’ve read about that; I first heard about it when it was known as “Exofield”, but I had no idea that it was (somewhat) commercially released as WizMusic. I was confused when some people said that the headphone is the successor to the Wood headphones, because I never heard of such a thing or saw it on JVC’s website.

Nov 17, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #45 of 1,217
Is the driver itself wood?
From what I know, This special rare maple wood is used for the frame and the face plate of headphone.
JVC HA-WM90 03.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back