Very Impressed by Pocket Amp 2
Aug 21, 2005 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Canuck57

500+ Head-Fier
I recently purchased a Pocket Amp 2 for my son to use with Grado 225s and I'm very impressed with the amp. Some observations:

- the amp seems very sturdy & I'm impressed by the build quality
- it comes with a 6" interconnect & AC charger
- it takes 2 AA rechargeable batteries (not supplied - I bought 2 NiH for about $10 CDN) which can be recharged in the amp (rechargeables are required vs. regular batteries to avoid noise)
- I like that you can install the batteries then forget about them until they won't take a charge anymore and have to be replaced
- it's small, not as long as the Supermacro but a bit wider
- it came very well packaged, in bubble wrap, in a plastic bag, and in a padded mailing evelope
- it sounds excellent with the Grado SR225s, they go very well together, it drives them easily and adds to the bass response
- with the HD650s & Beyer DT770s-250 the volume has to be turned up quite a bit more than with the SR225s, however, they sound very good with the amp as well
- I read some posts that mentioned noise while turning the volume knob, I haven't noticed any at all
- I have not listed to it with the AC adaptor and probably wouldn't anyway since I would just charge the batteries overnight when needed
- Gary was a pleasure to deal with, quick communicator, answers all questions, and just a nice guy
- IMO a great value for the price, in fact I'm ordering another one for my oldest son's birthday

cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back