Very good popular band with a poor recorded album: RHCP - Californication
Mar 12, 2010 at 7:20 AM Post #46 of 52
californication is one of my favourite albums

i remember listening to californication for the first time with my ms1 - sounded bad, and made me wonder if i needed to upgrade headphone... then i found it was just poorly recorded

Mar 12, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #47 of 52
Tool and 10,000 Days. It sounds very muddy and squashed when compared to their other work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah same guy did slayer's new album... you can tell just by looking at it

Holy crap!

Also, I have to completely disagree with whoever said Rage Against the Machine. RATM albums sound damn great.

Mar 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #48 of 52
Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory. One of the worst, and the SACD is more of the same.

Mar 13, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #49 of 52
Californication sounds like a mono recording that is made stereo afterwards.
The guitar, bass and vocals are tightly placed in the middle, without any space and seperation between the instruments and only the drums/percussion make the sound a bit wider and give you a slight impression of stereo sound.
The clipping of this record is really awfull and the overall sound lacks warmth.

Apr 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #50 of 52
So glad I ran across this thread. Just a coincidence that I was listening to my old Californication CD today for the first time on my hi-fi setup and I immediately noticed how bad it was. Glad this post confirms it as I was starting to wonder if it was something with my setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back