Very confused! Beyerdynamic T1 query
Jun 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ThELiZ

Head-Fier
So, I've recently just purchased a T1 and the A1 amplifier 2nd hand. I've heard that the T1 sounds best with tubes, like a WA2, which I would order if I lived in the US. Anyway, I have been comparing the A1 with my headphone output on my Yamaha A-S2000 Amplifier. Now, on paper, I've read that the A-S2000 will not drive the T1s correctly/to their full potential. The thing is, after demoing for a while and getting the opinion of my partner (she has golden ears, it seems), neither of us can tell a difference. Well, I certainly can't. My partner even slightly prefers the A-S2000 at a push.

Can someone please clarify whether I am in the wrong hobby or not? Ha. Sounds great to me.

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 2
If both amps are built well and have equivalent frequency response curves, and the impedances are close, you should not hear a difference.  Many times gear sounds the same because there is not that big of differences between gear.  To me it just says that the two amps sound the same rather than knowing which is actually better may come down to the measurements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back