Venture Electronics VE Zen 2.0 impressions and discussion thread
Jan 22, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #2 of 560
Eagerly awaiting mine, ordered a week ago and, while it apparently shipped immediately, still no tracking updates.

Hopefully that's inaccurate and it'll show up soon, but who knows.

Jan 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 560
Mine has shipped too. Very excited to hear them vs Monk and my other IEMs. :)

Jan 22, 2016 at 1:31 PM Post #4 of 560
Mine just shipped today, really excited about this one.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 560
Got mine last week and they rock!

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #6 of 560
Got mine last week and they rock!

Notice anything of note re burn in? I saw somewhere Lee recommends 200 hours? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 560
Straight outta the box they sound great but I'm sure that they will improve its early days yet!

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #9 of 560
If anyone has an amp with hardware bass boost please let me know how these respond. Monk can distort on too much mid or sub bass.

I have posted this before in the Monks thread but will post it here too. I have the Zen 2.0 black edition and i have x5 + Oppo ha2. Oppo has bass boost switch and I will quote myself from 1 month back...
Now I know this isn't the VE Zen 2.0 thread but I need to say something more about Monk's big brother. Big brother is a bully. He plays with your mind and makes you think that he is better than all your other IEMs (and he is tbh..)

He tells you to try him out;

-Just put me in your ear, put on some "The Knife - Silent shout", sit back and enjoy the ride. Oh and while you're at it, try that bass boost on the Oppo ha-2 for some "oomph".

Call me naive, but I listened to the little transparent bastards advice...

Holy eardrum trauma Batman! The Zens kicked my drums like a baby trying to get a foot out of a pregnant woman's stomach in week 38!

That, my friends, is the hardest hitting punch from bass I've ever felt from an earbud/IEM ever and I get the feeling that the tiny bastards didn't even break a sweat doing so. The oomph was, lacking a better description, like a flick on the testicles. It hurts but you kind of laugh about it a bit afterwards...

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #10 of 560

I wear my Zen with rubber ring and donut foam.

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #11 of 560
I have posted this before in the Monks thread but will post it here too. I have the Zen 2.0 black edition and i have x5 + Oppo ha2. Oppo has bass boost switch and I will quote myself from 1 month back...

thanks for that - trying to find out what the HW bass boost on the oppo is, +4db I think? i think my monks can take around +4db, maybe sightly more, but not much at all

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #13 of 560
How do they compare with Monk with regards to bass? I can't get any satisfying bass with Monk even with an amp.

Still burning my Zen 2's in but, running Cayin N5 - Aune B1 - Zen - 9 o'clock on vol. class A - soundstage is massive, vocals textured, instruments nicely placed and 'airy', oh and the bass, well, it's impressive for an earbud. Far more than I expected even on " the best acoustic versions" :sunglasses:

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #14 of 560
Out of interest does anyone know the difference between the Zen 2.0 and the Zen Black Edition?

Jan 23, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #15 of 560
Out of interest does anyone know the difference between the Zen 2.0 and the Zen Black Edition?

I asked Lee this very question before purchasing the black.

This is what he said;

"In every aspect the black edition is a better in SQ,

however , I think i should of course be honest and tell u

the cable is not as soft, well it is normally the case for any upgrade cable.

it is Cardas GOLDEN SECTION STRANDING LITZ WIRE (26.5awg)

we tried several and found this the best Match for the Zen 2.0 "

And I agree. The cable is harder and has some microphonics so i always use a shirtclip. It looks friggin awesome though and it sounds so good. I don't have the normal Zen 2.0 so I can't compare but I'm sooo happy I have the black edition :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back