Venture Electronics Thread
Jun 5, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #31 of 764
Gulp I’m thinking of getting the defiant and grand duke. I’m so impressed with the megatron and sun dice that it seems the next logical step for me on the ve journey

No doubt, Defiant is a lot of steps above Megatron, and so does its price.
About GD, you have to take in count that is an iem, so you are comparing an earbud with an iem.
GD sounds outstanding, very good on low frequencies and soundstage, but next step logical step on earbuds side from Sun Dice should be Sun Cooper or even above that, Zen SU.

Jun 5, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #32 of 764
No doubt, Defiant is a lot of steps above Megatron, and so does its price.
About GD, you have to take in count that is an iem, so you are comparing an earbud with an iem.
GD sounds outstanding, very good on low frequencies and soundstage, but next step logical step on earbuds side from Sun Dice should be Sun Cooper or even above that, Zen SU.
Thanks for some useful information there. Do they still sell the zen su?

Jun 5, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #33 of 764
Thanks for some useful information there. Do they still sell the zen su?
Of course, just send them a message on his Web and they will tell the way you can buy it.

Jun 5, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #34 of 764
Of course, just send them a message on his Web and they will tell the way you can buy it.
Thanks 😊
How does the zen su compare to the sun dice?

Jun 8, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #35 of 764
Package finally arrived today!

A summary of how my whole afternoon was spent:
DSC-3193.jpg

DSC-3194.jpg

Jun 14, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #36 of 764
So, I've had some time to fiddle around with the BIE. Sound performance is a topic of its own, however, I came to a very clear realization, and that's that the BIE is extremely tip sensitive. I went through just about all of my tips and I found none to be a perfect fit.

It turns out that I found my peace with Samsung EO-IG955's ear-tips (I believe M size)... which are my Samsung Galaxy S8's stock earphones. The inner diameter of their tips is slightly larger than the outer diameter of BIE's tip of the nozzle, which means it doesn't obstruct the sonic pathway.

This whole discovery took place a couple of minutes ago, so I am yet to give it some proper listening. But, so far, I'd say they are holographic bass canon :wink:

Jun 14, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #37 of 764
What is your guys' experience with tips on the BIE? Any preferences or observations?

Jun 16, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #40 of 764
I received these this morning:
IMG_20220616_161528_909.jpg

Very enjoyable IEM the VE BonusIE, even with the years it has.
Big bass, like the Xelento, and some treble spice.
Very comfortable, you forget you wear them.
And with a little EQ, 100% ready for my taste:
IMG_20220616_161535_182.jpg

Jun 19, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #41 of 764
I've been playing around with the BIE for quite a bit now. I am using the iBasso DX300 MAX as my source. Overkill? A bit. However, it is more of a refined experience than with the DX300 + AMP11Mk1. I'm interested, what source did you guys find to work the best with the BIE?

I found out that the BIE is extremely tip sensitive and that it can turn into a whole different sounding IEM just by changing the tips. Sure, it is a bass cannon with the stock tips, but it is a much more refined IEM with the Samsung EO-IG955BSEGW's M-sized tips. What's so special about these tips? The "base" is tight, which makes them compatible with BIE's nozzle (short & the notch doesn't hold the majority of tips), the opening of the tips is ever so slightly larger than BIE's nozzle, and it's slim. I found chunky and wide tips to be a not so good of a match, while narrower tips like these allow for a deep insertion and tight fit.

That's about it from me. All I can say is that my review is coming soon.

Jun 19, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #42 of 764
I've been playing around with the BIE for quite a bit now. I am using the iBasso DX300 MAX as my source. Overkill? A bit. However, it is more of a refined experience than with the DX300 + AMP11Mk1. I'm interested, what source did you guys find to work the best with the BIE?

I found out that the BIE is extremely tip sensitive and that it can turn into a whole different sounding IEM just by changing the tips. Sure, it is a bass cannon with the stock tips, but it is a much more refined IEM with the Samsung EO-IG955BSEGW's M-sized tips. What's so special about these tips? The "base" is tight, which makes them compatible with BIE's nozzle (short & the notch doesn't hold the majority of tips), the opening of the tips is ever so slightly larger than BIE's nozzle, and it's slim. I found chunky and wide tips to be a not so good of a match, while narrower tips like these allow for a deep insertion and tight fit.

That's about it from me. All I can say is that my review is coming soon.
I like a lot with my DX300 AMP11 MK2 and I like a lot with the most simple and cheaper Hiby R2. With both I use EQ / MSEB to adapt the sound to my preferences, but I usually do it with all my IEMs and headphones.

Jun 20, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #43 of 764
Here is my short review of the new iem, Azure, that Venture Electronics will launch in a few months in the 50-70 usd. price range

1655752808890.png

First of all, I´d like to thanks’ Lee for sending me this unit for giving my honest opinion.

Design & Fit

Azure is a 1 DD iem, so I did about 100 hours burn in before serious listening.

Perfect fit, with a very small and lightly weight, you can wear them for hours without any fatigue.

The phrase resuming Azure should be "small lite easy to use".

1655753017481.png

Sound

A good soundstage with a vinyl signature.

Mid-bass is pure bliss, decay is almost perfect, and the texture of DD at lows is outstanding.

Mid-range is a bit recessed but is no veiled or dark, voices are not close to you, giving some air and relaxing listening.

Highs are also relaxed, no sibilance no harsh.

1655753531013.png

Tips & Cable Rolling

After some tips rolling I think wide bores are best for my tastes, Tips like epro horn and spiral dots ++ give me the best transparency and resolution.

I try with cooper and silver cables, again if you like more bright signature and more detailed mids, no doubt, go for the silver one, but if you prefer a punchy and enjoyable

signature, cooper is the way to go.

1655753555421.png

Final Words

I think Azure can easily beat all stuff at its price range, and even go against 300 usd range.

So enjoyable and no doubt will be a killer.

1655753657959.png

I spent hole afternoon listening some country music that suits perfect with Azure, that accoustics guitars, banjo..... the perfect iem for entry level on Ve´s world.

1655757629785.png

Jun 21, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #44 of 764
Here is my short review of the new iem, Azure, that Venture Electronics will launch in a few months in the 50-70 usd. price range

1655752808890.png

First of all, I´d like to thanks’ Lee for sending me this unit for giving my honest opinion.

Design & Fit

Azure is a 1 DD iem, so I did about 100 hours burn in before serious listening.

Perfect fit, with a very small and lightly weight, you can wear them for hours without any fatigue.

The phrase resuming Azure should be "small lite easy to use".

1655753017481.png

Sound

A good soundstage with a vinyl signature.

Mid-bass is pure bliss, decay is almost perfect, and the texture of DD at lows is outstanding.

Mid-range is a bit recessed but is no veiled or dark, voices are not close to you, giving some air and relaxing listening.

Highs are also relaxed, no sibilance no harsh.

1655753531013.png

Tips & Cable Rolling

After some tips rolling I think wide bores are best for my tastes, Tips like epro horn and spiral dots ++ give me the best transparency and resolution.

I try with cooper and silver cables, again if you like more bright signature and more detailed mids, no doubt, go for the silver one, but if you prefer a punchy and enjoyable

signature, cooper is the way to go.

1655753555421.png

Final Words

I think Azure can easily beat all stuff at its price range, and even go against 300 usd range.

So enjoyable and no doubt will be a killer.

1655753657959.png

I spent hole afternoon listening some country music that suits perfect with Azure, that accoustics guitars, banjo..... the perfect iem for entry level on Ve´s world.

1655757629785.png
You have a fair number of IEMs, how do you compare the Azure against them?
Are they similar to any particular IEM you own?

Tell us more, we are curiousss 👀

Jun 21, 2022 at 4:08 AM Post #45 of 764
Well, has a similar punchy signature as Volume, but having only 1DD, coherency is far better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back