Venture Electronics Custom Balanced HD600 Cable
Jul 30, 2017 at 5:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RedJohn456

Headphoneus Supremus
When I started looking for a well-built balanced cable for the HD600, it didn’t take me too long to realize that it will be an expensive endeavor. For example take a look at the “official” offering from Sennheiser at http://en-ca.sennheiser.com/ch-650-s

sennheiser bs.png

Yikes!!!

Enter Venture Electronics!

What would they know about cables? Plenty apparently! They have a fully developed custom cable business with a smorgasbord of options to please even the most discerning of audiophiles.

I was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity to test a cable and I jumped at the chance with both feet. I ordered a customized cable from their website at VE CLAN

65034522FDE65B9FF3C4C34AC8A3E9D6.png

While the idea of picking out every aspect of your future cable might seem daunting at first, the system implanted by VE makes it a walk in the park. Simple as clicking the desired option and clicking next. The website walks you through each stage, clearly outlining any extra cost for options.

I opted to go for a suave black and red combination, terminated in XLR. Adapters can also be purchased and these will allow the cable to work with any source.

20170730_163130.jpg

For example
· XLR to 3.5mm SE
· XLR to 3.5mm Balanced
· XLR to 2.5mm Balanced
… and so forth. They have pretty much any adapter you might need.

20170730_163339.jpg

You can order the cable in either Single Ended or Balanced configuration, with a variety of headphone connectors and terminations as well. So let your imagination run wild kiddies!

As you can see from the screenshots, you can even order cables for your iems.

Termination.png
Headphone connector.png

Some thoughts on the cable line from the head of VE, Mr. Lee:

Introducing our VE Standard Cables (the litz wire and the Junkosha Silver plated cable, btw red & silver is just the different color, they sound exactly the same lol)

For the litz wire , it is a very pure copper ( at least 5n from the test result by our best local lab in Northeast University , but actually it is 6n occ, the Machine can only tell u that it is more than 99.99% pure lol), and they came in Litz structure, I will say they sound very different than the Cardas cable~ (though they look about the same lol) ,and as stiff as one another, but I am only recommending it for hd6xx/hd650, cuz it is a combo that I like, again always remember sound is subjective.

for the Junkosha silver plated cable, it does not sound like ur typical Silver plated cable~ again , u can read about the FAD upgrade silver plated cable, they are pretty much the same thing, just come in different color / thickness.

it is some between our Basic and Premium lines.

(I know I know, kk is putting me off again, but I serious doubt now is the best time to upload another 2k+ cables lol, which it is lagging as it is lol, of course , it will be fixed in a week or two)

Yes, I am a big believer of cable~
That was why we designed our flagship Zen 2.0 with the Cardas gold selection Litz wire~

And **** yeah, they sound very ****ing different from the standard edition , but it does happen to be quite stiff for most ppl, so I rarely recommend them without mentioning this "weakness", and I rarely talk about it, since it is a controversial topic.

I know I know I know , a lot of clansmen will be like,
"**** u Lee and all ur cable talks~"

here is a couple of reasons, why the **** cable does matter~

1st balanced options, if u have a DAP that has a true balanced output, till this day only hm700 came with a fake one lol (that i know of ), so I say most of the modern dap that has balanced output r the real deal~
I know a lot of u think that balance is optional, I will actually agree with that argument in general, if u don't get every major brands doing balanced hi-end dac, u really don't need a balanced amp, therefore , no need for balanced headphones~(or cables), yet the shocking truth is that~ if u have a DAP that is a real balanced one, the SE port will sound like crap, it is not just weaker~balance in principle is" twice the component and 3 times the power), well the rest , u should youtube , google and wiki the crap out of this topic. You will never see me telling u to u have to get some cables, cuz they will sound so much better than ur stock one, unless it is in SE and ur DAP happen to be in Balanced~

2nd once u go balanced , u will need all kinds of adapters, cuz there are like tons of balanced options out there lol.

3rd some cable like the Espresso one are offered , for not just its sound , but rather its built (soft and stuff lol)~

4th well , you should not be buying cans that u don't like, but it is vital to know that cable while not be able to make everybody hear a huge improvement , can make it sound "different", so if some can is too warm , there are cables for that~(like our litz cable for hd650/hd6xx), similar to those which is too cold lol.

5th, you can order 1.2m one or a 3.6m from us~ shorter cable will get ur less loss, so like one of the Can I love the pioneer A1000 , it came with a 6meter cable, and if u cut it down to 2m, u will hear a lot more details lol, not as dark lol. A very comfortable can btw, highly recommended lol.

We started this about half a year ago~
here is the original post
https://www.facebook.com/groups/52vecn/permalink/1095015807242450/?match=YnVkZ2V0IGNhYmxl

Cuz i was talking to my buddy who happens to me a very big reviewer~He told me , he spent 150usd for a "furukawa" cable, which is not always FURUKAWA (or FURUTECH), I had been messing with those cables since 2009~yes it is a silver plated cable~

No, I don't think it was originally designed for HiFi, since then the supply has dropped down a lot~ so u get similar ones from Hitachi , Junkosha~ to be honest, I can't tell the different in sound~ but they look a bit different in color lol~(the red one, hitachi is red, junkosha is in between , furutech is pink lol)

So they do not worth 150usd for sure~same as it is not worth like 150usd to re-terminate ur headphone~

But I can't be in every country~ and helping u terminating your headphones (and I don't wanna be the guy to tell u to screw away ur gear, cuz they are not Worth it lol), what I can do is to offer some good cable for a decent price~

Yes, my city has a way lower living cost than the rest of China.
Yes, I am ****ing over ppl's biz (or to say livelihood) for not apparent gain)

But it was just a thing I wanted to ****ing do, so I am ****ing doing it~

I was not expecting this kind of response from our clansmen, everyday I will get tons of emails requesting all kinds of cables~

And yes, since they are all hand-made, why not the **** have ALL the options for everybody rite?

If some I don't yet have, u can bet ur ass that I am going to offer them~cuz there are only so many out there for us to do.

And the only way to do it is to DO THEM ALL lol

Cheers

Lee

Now on to the cable itself.

Build Quality
Well, how does it fare in the hardware category? Pretty darn good actually. The cable connectors are solid and very well reinforced. The cable sheath is firm and does not easily tangle. Best of all, it’s not absurdly long as the stock SE cable.

20170730_163610.jpg

20170730_163209.jpg

The VE cable is decidedly better than the stock cable when it comes to build quality and feeling in the hand.

20170730_163300.jpg

These are hand built to exacting standards and have been measured very well with university level mass spectrometers.

massspec.png

Sound
When it comes to sound…..HAHA gotcha, no way in hell I am touching this subject with a 10 foot pole :p

In all seriousness, this is a balanced cable and so I don’t know how I can compare it to the stock cable in an apple to apple manner, from a sonic perspective anyway. When using the VE Cable + SE adapter I couldn’t really tell any major differences from the stock SE cable.

I am really happy with my cable as you can tell, and hats off to them for not charging customers an arm and a leg! My particular cable normally costs 50 USD + shipping.

Of note, the pricing on the official site is actually lower than the real price thanks to a technical error but VE has opted to honor it anyway, what an awesome bunch of guys and gals!

Closing thoughts
So why get this cable then? For one, this cable is a LOT more versatile – it allows the HD6X0 to operate with Single Ended or Balanced sources, and optional adapters make it compatible with most sources known to man, and even chimpanzees!

Second, the cable is hand built to your exacting custom specifications and frankly its better built than the cable that comes with the HD600.

Venture Electronics is well known for their excellent customer service, so customers also get the peace of mind knowing that their hard earned dollars will not be going down the drain should any problems arise.

If you have any questions about my cable, please do not hesitate to ask, I will try my best to answer them.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 5
Looks very very impressive. I wonder how their half sleeve option looks like. I tried looking at their Facebook page to see if there are any finished products that could give me ideas for a custom cable i want to get done with mmcx and 4.4mm termination.

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:03 AM Post #3 of 5
I got my self be calm cable

Junkosha silver wire 8 braid with hand terminated MMCX and ve clan L plug

Silver half sleeve

1.5meter

And it costed me 60USD and it sounds better than linum super BaX or effect audio

Why?

60 USD and pure silver wire with proper testing and way more rugged. I can use them outdoors.

And it really sound better than stock crap which came with ZhiYin z5000

Sep 13, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #4 of 5
I went for a fairly similar cable for my HD600s - but simply terminated into a TRRS 2.5mm and in Blue/Silver.
43.40 USD, or £32.
Ordered on the 1st Sep and it turned up yesterday 12th Sep - not bad considering the anticipated turnaround.
4ft is a good length too.
FYI I did do a Google image search to see what other styles were out there - enough to help me at least for the colour choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back