VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - Zn (formerly Alto) + FORZA - Crowdsourcing, Reviews, Discussions Thread!
Nov 11, 2015 at 3:23 AM Post #346 of 407
There a lot of audiophile in-ear headphones available at $99 or less. Can't wait to hear if the Zn compete well with the $300+ range of the market.

I would go ahead and do a comparison vs the new Xiaomi hybrids, then keep the Zn if they sound significantly better, but I don't wanna exhaust the generous 180-day trial. So, relying on head-fi to hear the M-100, Piston, and Sennheiser range comparisons.

Nov 11, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #347 of 407
My question is this - has anyone else noticed that aside from the diamondback cable, the new ZNs look EXACTLY the same as the Vibratos? They look as though V-Moda have used the very same molds.

How do the specs compare between the Vibratos and the ZNs? Are the ZNs really all new?

They certainly look alike, aside from being a matte finish vs. the glossy finish found on the former models.  The shape of the earpiece started with the Vibe II's which is what I used the Immortal Life warranty against to go towards a pair of Zn's.  The Vibrato was the first one to be made with Zinc whereas the Vibe II was not.    I've read through this entire thread and it sounds like these are all new with regards to internal design, tuning and manufacturing tolerances.  All 3 have used an 8mm driver, but at least the posted frequency response has changed with every new model.
Supposedly, the Vibrato was a pretty good step up from the Vibe II, so if that is true, that makes me all the more excited to hear these!

Nov 11, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #348 of 407
I'm excited to order these under the Immortal Life program. They'll be a replacement for my much loved Vibratos which stopped working when the cable wore out where it comes out of the controller. Since then I've been using Remixes, which don't seem to be nearly as good.

My question is this - has anyone else noticed that aside from the diamondback cable, the new ZNs look EXACTLY the same as the Vibratos? They look as though V-Moda have used the very same molds.

How do the specs compare between the Vibratos and the ZNs? Are the ZNs really all new?

Sir, there is a link to more info, specifically specs, just a few posts above yours.

Also, they must be very different. Given the extremely positive reviews thus far of the Zn and the generally lukewarm reviews of the Vibrato. I imagine it's similar to moving from the LP2 to the M100, less club tuning and more audiophile tuning.

Nov 12, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #349 of 407
Available on Amazon UK I see.  Not sure if they've sold out already or awaiting stock.  Put in an order anyway seeing as they only charge on dispatch.

Nov 12, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #351 of 407
Wow just wow, presentation wise 10/10. Came very nicely packaged, very compact and stylish as always. Comfort wise, pretty good, does have some weigh to it. The jack is really long for some reason, which is actually really nice because that means it fits in my phone case. Very little cable noise just from walking around. The cable has premium feel to it. The leather case has a magnet to open and close it, and a separate netted area to hold the sports hooks.

I will post some pictures later hopefully

Nov 12, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #354 of 407
Oh, ok I was going to post a comparison between them and my m-100s, which is something you didn't do. And i was going to post some comparisons to other headphones, but I guess you got it covered then.

That's definitely not what I intended to imply! Please post your impressions; the more the better. I was just directing anyone who was interested to check out the other thread too.

Nov 12, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #355 of 407
Sir, there is a link to more info, specifically specs, just a few posts above yours.

Also, they must be very different. Given the extremely positive reviews thus far of the Zn and the generally lukewarm reviews of the Vibrato. I imagine it's similar to moving from the LP2 to the M100, less club tuning and more audiophile tuning.

They use the same ID, but are 100% different...

Nov 18, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #360 of 407
upon hearing about these i asked our local headphone shop to look into them
...shortly afterwords, i got an email reply noting
that they're on their way from sunny california to our soggy shorelines and should arrive in a few days
as a new item...now that's good customer service and salesmanship  :)
(note: i did make mention of v moda's claim below, so i'm sure that piqued the store owner's interest, too)

must say, however, that v moda has alot to stand up against in their claim of these $189 iems being able to
compete against its peers in the $300-1000 range...we'll see.

**need some suggestions, please:
right now i'm just driving my sony xba h1 iems from my lg nexus 5  smartphone (2013 model)
...the volume is mid to 3/4 up...what amp or dac/amp would you suggest?..something i could also
use at home attached to my laptop, too...something versatile and can also run low and high impedence
cans (asking as for home I might buy the senns 650)...while out walking around /being portable will use primarily iems.
budget: 200-500...have heard some good things on brands like creative sound blaster, audioengine and fiio.
...but this whole matching up dac/dap/amp properly can be a bit much to a newbie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back