Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50?
Jul 8, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #437 of 441
Thank you. The M40X have a more neutral sound (less bass) than the M50X as far as I know. So reducing the bass might be an OK idea for the M50X because they are more bassy, but in the M40X I wonder what it would sound like.

However, I guess velour is more comfortable than leather, generally speaking ? Anyone tried changing the pads for the M40X around here ? :)

Thanks !
Do the solderdude mod on m40x..

M40x is still bass boosted, but not to the level of m50x. After the mod, the bass linearise to mids and subbass gets some attention with the artificial treble reduced.

Same goes with M50x. Do the same mod to m50x and you get a audiophile level of sound from m50x. Very well detailed and better bass control with more extension on low end whilst remaining linear in graph.

Shure 940 pads and 2mm felt..

I can share PDF if anybody wants it or search m40x solderdude mod on google.

Jul 9, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #438 of 441
Do the solderdude mod on m40x..

M40x is still bass boosted, but not to the level of m50x. After the mod, the bass linearise to mids and subbass gets some attention with the artificial treble reduced.

Same goes with M50x. Do the same mod to m50x and you get a audiophile level of sound from m50x. Very well detailed and better bass control with more extension on low end whilst remaining linear in graph.

Shure 940 pads and 2mm felt..

I can share PDF if anybody wants it or search m40x solderdude mod on google.
Can you upload the PDF to Dropbox or Google drive etc. and share the link here? I don't really want to mess with a free trial of Scribd.

Jul 10, 2018 at 3:41 AM Post #439 of 441
Nov 20, 2018 at 11:53 AM Post #441 of 441
Thanks. I have tried TP, foam, and fleece in front of the drivers. But never felt. I wish he had measured some of the Dekoni pads as well.
true

but m40x in his setting sounds way amazing

m40x is actually mid bassy whereas m50x is overall boosted

the shure pads help in tweakin the mid bass while not dropping the sub bass as much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back