Veckatimest: Great new Grizzly Bear album.
May 28, 2009 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

tintin47

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a great new album by an awesome band, and I just thought that I would get the word out as well as start a discussion among those who have heard it. One of the best albums of the year, IMO.

"While you wait for the others" is a standout track if you want to youtube it.

May 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #2 of 20
They got a solid review in The Guardian. 'How about a link to an online sample?

May 28, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They got a solid review in The Guardian. 'How about a link to an online sample?

According from a comment elsewhere, you can listen to it on their MySpace.

May 29, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #5 of 20
It's quite enchanting really. I can't put a finger on what to say about it. I enjoyed Yellow House immensely and both offer that same kind of odd folk world.

Maybe someone else has a better handle on it than I.

May 31, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #7 of 20
excellent album! the vinyl sounds supreme and has a decent quality download with it. They're touring now and put on a good show - something else to see all those gorgeous harmonies actually coming together on the stage. Here's a cool vid. of a great tune from the album.

Jun 1, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #8 of 20
What are you on, bakman? Repeatedly posting repeats of others' posts?

Possible scammer alert!

Jun 1, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #9 of 20
@Johnny
your avatar is the cover of the new Wavves album, correct? Did you see the recent news about that european tour? He apparently went on stage loaded out of his mind and was really rude and terrible. They canceled every show until the P4k music festival near the end of july.

Jun 2, 2009 at 1:58 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
your avatar is the cover of the new Wavves album, correct? Did you see the recent news about that european tour? He apparently went on stage loaded out of his mind and was really rude and terrible. They canceled every show until the P4k music festival near the end of july.

saw that...pretty cringe-worthy story. I actually saw Waaves a couple months ago as they spun thru the Midwest here. pretty good show I thought -so, maybe got lucky. They were what you'd expect - young, punky R&R with super catchy hooks and some pretty impressive one-person renditions of early 60's girl-doo-wop sounds.
+ skating in a wheelbarrow? priceless.

on topic-ness: I'm going to see Grizzly Bear this Sunday at a great venue! should be cool as I'm extremely into their new album right now. We'll see, maybe they'll be wasted and I'll have to throw beer bottles at them...

Jun 2, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #12 of 20
That should be fun. I wish I could get to some shows this summer. No one seems to be touring, though, and I am out of the country for another 5 weeks, so that will probably steal all of my money anyway.

As for wavves, i just can't get into that album. I understand why it is "good" and worth listening to, but I just have no enthusiasm for that much distortion. I am kind of waiting for another band to take wavves lead in a slightly different direction.

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #14 of 20
Yep, I too discovered this band/album. Very nice and a bit Fleet Fox-y.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2009 at 10:45 PM Post #15 of 20
I think that you mean that the fleet foxes are a little grizzly bear-ey.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back