VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Aug 12, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #3,287 of 3,324
There are very few times when's I feel like an earphone is a must have these days, but the Monk plus is definitely one of them. The midrange is so incredibly spacious, natural and dynamic to my ears. There's thousand dollar earphones that can't achieve what VE has done for five bucks.

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #3,288 of 3,324
You gotta chill on your enthusiam (new toy syndrome, I have had that with the Monks as well :D).  The Monks are really amazing price quality, but unless you are talking about snake oil companies, with 1000$ you can get some of the most articulate stuff (talking just about headphones :b) 

Aug 13, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #3,289 of 3,324
You gotta chill on your enthusiam (new toy syndrome, I have had that with the Monks as well :D).  The Monks are really amazing price quality, but unless you are talking about snake oil companies, with 1000$ you can get some of the most articulate stuff (talking just about headphones :b) 

Why's that? If he loves them why can't he say so? Also he was talking about the midrange presentation, not the whole package.

Sep 7, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #3,290 of 3,324
zhibli06
Hi Lee,

I just saw on veclan.com on monk+ page the VE basic interconnect cable A.
What is the wire and plug please ?

Btw, will you put online later the other interconnects you sell, cardas golden section, occ, pure silver with neutrik or oyide plug ?

Cheers

Sep 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #3,291 of 3,324
@zhibli06
Hi Lee,

I just saw on veclan.com on monk+ page the VE basic interconnect cable A.
What is the wire and plug please ?

Btw, will you put online later the other interconnects you sell, cardas golden section, occ, pure silver with neutrik or oyide plug ?

Cheers

hey man

it is call VE Basic Interconnect cable A

if u wanna know more about it , plz read about them in our pinned post in the FB group.

Cheers

Lee

p.s. other Premium will be listed shortly

Sep 8, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #3,294 of 3,324
  Curious about the Monks. How do they compare to Yuin models OK3 and PK3? I also have the Blox BE3 to compare with. Thanks.

I used to own PK3 and Blox BE3 but I sold them before buying Monk+, but from memory I would say that Monk+ beats them both. It could easily be sold for $30-40.

Sep 9, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #3,296 of 3,324
Very interesting. Thanks for your insight. Do you recall how the PK3 and BE3 bass compares with the Monk+?

If memory serves me correctly Monk+ has got better bass than both of them. More than PK3 which mainly focuses on mids. Not necessarily more bass than BE3 but more defined and better quality.

Sep 9, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #3,299 of 3,324
If memory serves me correctly Monk+ has got better bass than both of them. More than PK3 which mainly focuses on mids. Not necessarily more bass than BE3 but more defined and better quality.

Sounds promising. Yeah, I found the PK3 lacking in bass, and they did not take bass boosted in source well, even buzzing at certain frequencies. BE3 I find has a very deep and smooth bass, but lacking in mid-bass, so some basslines are hard to hear.

Last question
evil_smiley.gif
 How about highs compared to BE3?

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #3,300 of 3,324
Sounds promising. Yeah, I found the PK3 lacking in bass, and they did not take bass boosted in source well, even buzzing at certain frequencies. BE3 I find has a very deep and smooth bass, but lacking in mid-bass, so some basslines are hard to hear.

Last question :evil:  How about highs compared to BE3?

I remember BE3 as having smooth but slightly rolled off highs. I suppose Monk+ also has rolled off highs, even if only slightly so. They are in no way harsh or sharp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back