VE 8 and heavy noise issue..
Feb 8, 2018 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Tanelorn

100+ Head-Fier
Hey.
I got the vision ears v8 to compare them to the UERR.
What grindsgmy gears is... The VE 8 have heavy white noise while listening to music at low levels. I need to set volume up to 40% to not hear it anymore.

The UERR have literally no noise at all..

Any ideas on how to get rid of that? Or is it just a bad quality earphone...

Anyone who has experienced the same with ve8?

I tested with samsung s8, AK XB10 and Soundblaster e5. . Same issue among all of them ..

Feb 8, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 6
Maybe a lemon? I would contact their support and see about troubleshooting different cables at the least and/or double checking the cable is properly connected. Additionally switching the polarity of the cable connectors (using the left for the right,right for the left) might fix this.

Good luck

P.s. is it more like hiss? Impedance mismatch?

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 6
Hey thanks.
It is no hiss but kind of white noise.
I will visit them today to check this, but I realized that issue with all of their CIEMs..

Following your advice I changed cables between the test IEMs and switched polarity, the noise is still present. unchanged.
i checked the Impedance of my AMP, the one is 0,9 the other 2,2 OHMs, both have the same noise.

I am wondering if this could be normal.. but with a 2300€ CIEM..I doubt that

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #4 of 6
Feb 9, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #5 of 6
Good suggestion @SBranson !
If that's the case getting the IEMatch is going to be imperative. Unfortunately this is a problem most people don't fully understand when they enter this hobby. We often presume that spending X amount of money is going to guarantee quality of sound but things like sensitivity and even proper power to drive said earphone can rob of your enjoyment and make you feel frustrated. Here's hoping your problem finds a resolution soon.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back