Vape-Fi
Jan 10, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #61 of 3,183

Hello, reddit friend.

Did you ever get the power adapter for the flight box?

Hey mate. I did get the adapter a while back for the flight box. Wasn't a big fan as I had some contact issues with mine (had to jiggle the plug a bit to get the element to heat up sometimes). This was with the old design, the new adapter is apparently better though I'm not sure what they've improved. 

Jan 10, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #62 of 3,183
Hey mate. I did get the adapter a while back for the flight box. Wasn't a big fan as I had some contact issues with mine (had to jiggle the plug a bit to get the element to heat up sometimes). This was with the old design, the new adapter is apparently better though I'm not sure what they've improved. 

Ours is flawless. A little button on the edge of the connector. Highly recommended.

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #63 of 3,183
Lex, you should really try building your own coils with the Protank. I agree Kanger's coils can be a bit iffy, but no different from the Vivi Nova's.
If you micro coil with the Protank you can really crank up the voltage without fear of burning. 

Jan 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #65 of 3,183
Just received the Kanger Aerotank. Very, very impressed.

Features a nice airflow control design, which you can use to really tailor the type of draw you enjoy.
Plus, it's very handy to control the vacuum for juices that, say, are thicker and don't wick well.

One of the biggest design changes..the 510 connection is now sealed off, which means no more leaking.

Aside from that the construction is entirely improved, stainless steel body, improved 510 drip tip. Just feels and looks much better.

Best of all, rebuildable and compatible with prior Protank heads. Can use either single or dual coil heads.

Lastly, the Aerotank base is available for purchase separately, which can be used on any Protank.

Jan 25, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #66 of 3,183
  Just received the Kanger Aerotank. Very, very impressed.

Features a nice airflow control design, which you can use to really tailor the type of draw you enjoy.
Plus, it's very handy to control the vacuum for juices that, say, are thicker and don't wick well.

One of the biggest design changes..the 510 connection is now sealed off, which means no more leaking.

Aside from that the construction is entirely improved, stainless steel body, improved 510 drip tip. Just feels and looks much better.

Best of all, rebuildable and compatible with prior Protank heads. Can use either single or dual coil heads.

Lastly, the Aerotank base is available for purchase separately, which can be used on any Protank.

I'm interested in that. I haven't seen one. I have a Protank Mini and a Protank II right now. Here's a picture:

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #67 of 3,183
I really think Kanger stepped it up. I think it's really cool that you can use this Aerotank base( $6 fyi) on your Protank, negating the need to spend $20-30.
The Nautilus was my fav tank up to this point, however it's $40 and isn't rebuildable (TWO thumbs down on that decision,) but the Aerotank is performing quite well.
Used the standard dual coil heads for some time and then rebuilt it with a single coil and couldn't be happier. These are the days that threaten RBA's. 

This is basically what the Protank III should have been. Stick it on a Protank II and it's a real winner.

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:24 PM Post #68 of 3,183

My setup at the moment (my very first vape setup actually, skipped over the basic stuff and went straight for the big boy equipment).

- Chi You Mechanical Mod Clone
- Trident Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer Clone

It might be a little confusing at first but now I'm building my own coils like a pro lol. Currently running a dual coil in the Trident and it hits like a champ.

The bottles you see are Halcyon Vapors. Love the Dragon Chi flavor, I go through them super fast.

Feb 8, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #69 of 3,183

AWOL: Anise and citrus blend. More balanced than Pluid and smoother. I do not like black licorice, but can not put this juice down. Hands down my fav juice out there.
Khlorine: Much more complex. I get Anise, cream, citrus, some tart berry - it's all over the place. Up there with Maha Ras when it comes to mystery juices.

Mar 5, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #70 of 3,183
No more analogs for this guy! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #71 of 3,183
Sigelei 20w. I've had this in for a while. Quite exceptional. Can do sub ohm builds or regular microcoil builds. 

Mar 15, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #73 of 3,183
I'm currently using a Kanger ProTank II with a Vision Spinner that I got from Bubba's a few weeks ago. I'll post a picture up later. I'm going to be upgrading to the Russian 91% Top soon and a Dingo battery.

Mar 17, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #74 of 3,183
Here's The Russian built with a microcoil and cotton. Vaping my ADV AWOL. (I'll try to remember to tear it down and take some pics.) Really pleased so far. Very good quality, butter smooth threading, no problems
with leaking or the gurgles. Can't get the damn thing to dry hit, just a wicking beast. Comparable vapor and flavor to a RBA/Genesis style. I've got another Russian coming in tomorrow so I'll compare those and see how they do overall and see if they match my Squape.

Mar 18, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #75 of 3,183
Today vaping the Kayfun 3.1. Build quality is among the best. And it's just a long standing favorite for a good reason, it's simply consistently solid.
Really just slightly below my Squape, which I haven't found anything to really touch it besides Trident. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back