Value Judgment 2
Aug 1, 2003 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Spad

Headphoneus Supremus
If you knew you could devote yourself to any single occupation--music, writing, acting, business, politics, medicine, etc.--and be among the best and most successful in the world at it, what would you choose?

If you knew you had only a ten percent chance of being so successful, would you still make the effort?

Aug 1, 2003 at 6:02 PM Post #2 of 19
Yes, medicine. And I'm going to make a half-assed attempt in the next few years.

*edit*
its Estella Warren in my Avatar.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2003 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 19
whos that chic in your avatar psx ?

Aug 1, 2003 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 19
A one in ten chance of getting to the top of the ladder in any career choice sounds excellent odds, if you ask me.

Setmenu

Aug 1, 2003 at 8:05 PM Post #7 of 19
so, who's the best ditch digger in the world? who can clean out letrines the best? who's the best undertaker? well, someone's got to do it.

Aug 1, 2003 at 10:27 PM Post #8 of 19
I would give up EVERYTHING I have to get a job as a full time firefighter, part time just doesn't do it for me, but I'm getting older and very tired of the politics (ie racial and gender quotas) that keep getting in my way. If that happened I would give it everything I had for as long as I could.

Aug 2, 2003 at 12:20 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

psxguy85 said...

its Estella Warren in my Avatar.
smily_headphones1.gif

That picture is making my say my chosen field would be model photography.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 2, 2003 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 19
Writer. I have always wanted to be able to better put into words what is going on in my head. I have a lot of material to write about a commentary on the Bible, critiques of books, etc. I may one day to to get something published, but I'll stick to writing audio reviews of headphone gear for now.

Aug 2, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #12 of 19
Tough to say. I'm torn between businessman and politician. People don't like either one very much, but both can influence a lot of things in society although in quite different ways. But a businessman can also buy politicians (e.g. Senator Fritz Hollings, D-Disney) so maybe I'd go with that
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 2, 2003 at 5:48 AM Post #13 of 19
I'll just say medicine, as I have worked in the field for 16 years and really enjoy it.

Aug 4, 2003 at 1:00 PM Post #15 of 19
I didn't know that when I took the job I have now, that I was devoting myself to this occupation. But here I am 26 years later, still here. I have no home life and I have missed out on raising my kids and being close to my family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back