Vagus Nerve Stimulation technology
Feb 15, 2016 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dmbr

100+ Head-Fier
http://experiencenervana.com/technology-vagus-nerve-stimulation/

A friend linked me to this today...looks interesting, but the claims are rather lofty.

From the site:
"The Vagus nerve is a nerve that originates in the brain. NERVANA electronically signals the Vagus nerve which in turn stimulates the release of neurotransmitters in the brain that enhance mood."

Thoughts?

Feb 16, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 2
I would not wish to stimulate the vagus nerve using a dubious device like that.

They are being extremely vague about their methodology, but they seem to be implying that they are using certain sound frequencies to stimulate the vagus nerve (if they are using a different method, I'd be interested to hear the explanation, but my concerns would still remain). I am very familiar with binaural frequencies that stimulate the olivary nucleus, and which (in common with isochronic tones) can entrain the human brain into a chosen brainwave frequency/state. But to intentionally stimulate a major nerve like the vagus into a state of excitation, *and, presumably for an extended duration, is (potentially) a very unwise thing to do, as there is some possibility that it might disrupt the homeostasis of the nervous system.

As someone who has experienced kundalini awakening, and it's effects upon the entire nervous system (vagus nerve included), I consider the intentional stimulation of the vagus, using a novel method, to be fraught with potential risks.

The human nervous system is not something to be trifled with, using dubious electronic gizmos.  It is extremely delicate, can easily be damaged, and may not recover from certain kinds of damage. Excessive and/or unnatural stimulation of certain parts of the nervous system may have the potential to cause irreversible damage. So, ask yourself - would you really be willing to take that kind of risk, just for a cheap thrill?

Generally-speaking (by which I mean in a non-medical context), the only non-kundalini-related method of vagus nerve stimulation I would consider safe, to the average person, would be cervical or G-spot stimulation. Obviously, this would be applicable for women, only
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back