vacuum tube flickering????
Dec 10, 2009 at 1:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

deltaspirit

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I figured this would be the best place for this thread. Basically, The smaller front tube on my darkvoice 336i is giving a sparking effect that can only be seen from the back, luckily I saw the reflection off of the back bigger tube. Basically part of the backside of the tube flickers. Also, even when the amp is off, the same flickering is happening.

edit: I mean the amp is off as in the powerswitch, not the plug.

2nd edit: Is it safe to use? I don't really hear an effect in sound.

Dec 10, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #2 of 9
Anybody? I'm scared of turning my amp on
frown.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaspirit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, I figured this would be the best place for this thread. Basically, The smaller front tube on my darkvoice 336i is giving a sparking effect that can only be seen from the back, luckily I saw the reflection off of the back bigger tube. Basically part of the backside of the tube flickers. Also, even when the amp is off, the same flickering is happening.

edit: I mean the amp is off as in the powerswitch, not the plug.

I edited my first post to make my question more clear. I don't have any other tubes, is the problem with the amp or with the tubes? could it be with the amp since there is flickering when its switched off?

Dec 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 9
Oh my god, turns out the flickering was just my lan port light flickering. I thought the reflecion was coming from the back of the front tube but never bothered to actually check the back of the tube. Well, thanks anyway everyone. I was also getting a reflection fromt the front tube but looked like it was coming from the back so I just went ahead and assumed.

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:00 AM Post #6 of 9
WOW dude. I would have lied and said it was a bad tube LOL!

Dec 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by atbglenn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WOW dude. I would have lied and said it was a bad tube LOL!

Lol, the reflection looked EXACTLY like a small spark, it was amazing how real it looked.

Dec 12, 2009 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Time for new glasses!
wink.gif

Sometimes I can't find mine, or at least I think I can't find them when all along I'm wearing them. I guess I need a new pair too
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back