V-MODA XS: A first look at the new V-MODA XS with Val Kolton - Head-Fi TV
Mar 27, 2014 at 1:34 AM Post #47 of 394
  I posted this in the other XS thread, but just in case one of these threads takes off and the other goes away, here it is again.  Some comparison shots with the others in the V-MODA family.

Side by side (XS & M80):

M80:

XS:

M100:

Cases L to R (M80, M100, XS):

Cases L to R (M80, M100, XS):

Sorry about the crummy quality.  I need to get myself a lightbox or something for pictures.  This is just with a crappy overhead ceiling fan and my trusty S100.

You may have mentioned this before, and I may have missed it but...How does the XS sound in comparison to the M100? Are the M100's still superior?

Mar 27, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #48 of 394
  You may have mentioned this before, and I may have missed it but...How does the XS sound in comparison to the M100? Are the M100's still superior?

Just read from Pg. 2 of this thread on.  I compare them a couple times.  In short...I prefer the M100s with the XL pads, just because I prefer over the ear models...but the XS will be my travel headphone without a doubt given it's size.

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #49 of 394

Just read from Pg. 2 of this thread on.  I compare them a couple times.  In short...I prefer the M100s with the XL pads, just because I prefer over the ear models...but the XS will be my travel headphone without a doubt given it's size.

Ah yep, I see:)

I wouldn't mind owning a pair, from what I read! Would you say...they lean warm or neutral? Assuming, bright is not an option here. 

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:04 AM Post #51 of 394

Both lean towards the warm side.  Not sure which you are referring to.  :wink:  The XS is more neutral however.

True. Was just hoping if it leans a touch brighter/neutral than the M100, then I shall definitely consider one. Does it?:)

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:09 AM Post #53 of 394

True. Was just hoping if it leans a touch brighter/neutral than the M100, then I shall definitely consider one. Does it?:)

The answer to that is yes.  Though, not necessarily brighter...it just doesn't have the same level of bass the M100 has.  But yes, overall...it's more neutral because of that fact.

Mar 27, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #54 of 394

The answer to that is yes.  Though, not necessarily brighter...it just doesn't have the same level of bass the M100 has.  But yes, overall...it's more neutral because of that fact.

Awesome. That's all I need to know. Much appreciate it! 

Mar 27, 2014 at 5:33 AM Post #56 of 394
Hey Val,

Why isn't the V-MODA store shipping the XS to Europe yet?!? 

I've just tried to order the XS (black no extras) and the legend "Unfortunately one or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your location" pops up. I find it a bit odd that an ostensibly Italian company isn't supplying it's local market concurrently with the American one. 

Quote:
  Thanks everybody, we are AMPED to finally launch this product!  We are very busy today now that we have launched, but I wanted to answer any questions on this thread.

<THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR FUTURE EDITS>

I just launched the website, http://V-MODA.com/XS, check it out.

And here is the quick XS video "MIND THE GAP":

Mar 27, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #59 of 394
Hey guys, I'm deciding between the M100 and the XS. Could someone with both please give a listen to this song (or basically anything hardstyle) and tell me how does it sound on both? Basically if the bass is a lot better on the M100. Please do so without an amp since I'll be listening to them mostly on the go from my Galaxy S4.

I would prefer the portability of the XS and I listen to all kinds of music (Google Music All Access), from classical through electronic and rap to death metal, but mostly hardstyle so thats why I need nice deep bass. I don't want it to overshadow the rest of the spectrum though. Thanks a lot.

Mar 27, 2014 at 8:10 AM Post #60 of 394
More of the headband is touching my head so the weight is more evenly distributed? Really?

Yes that's how it feels and for that reason it feels a lot lighter than the M-80 and other cans since there's virtually little to no pressure on top of the head. It's definitely the most comfortable supra-aural I've owned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back