V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Jul 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #886 of 925
^ honestly the service support people are not the most knowledgeable about their products.

Quote:
Quote:
I have the l.p.2 but I want more bass than that

Crossfade LP has more bass than LP2!  Get a Gunmetal Black or Phantom Chrome Crossfade LP.  The white ones have SLIGHTLY lower bass.

OR just EQ an M-100 by bringing down the 8-20kHz bands...  it has ultra deep extension just like it's LP/LP2 cousins.

Jul 20, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #887 of 925
Quote:
I got an email from Vmoda. They said the LP2 is the same as the LP, just that the LP2 is a limited edition for aesthetic only.

Ticket ID: 28267

Your request has been deemed solved. If you wish to reopen your ticket, reply to this email

David, Jul 18 02:13 pm (PDT):

Jin,

Sound quality will be the same with both models. The LP2 is a more limited edition all matte black version that includes an extra set of blank shields. We do not charge restocking fees.

Rock On,
David
V-MODA Customer Service
http://www.v-moda.com

Strange- that is contradictory to everthing I have read in the threads.  My understanding is the LP2 has a distinctly different sound from the LP with the LP being "bassier", but the LP2 having improved overall sound quality and not as dark.

Sep 18, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #889 of 925
Are the ear pads the same size as the LP and M80?

Sep 18, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #891 of 925
FYI, the M80 earpads are much smaller than the LP.  M-100 pads are similar in size to LP.  If you read back, there are also XL pads coming out shortly.

Thank you. I couldn't buy the LP as the pads were too small for me, more like on-ears rather than over-ears. Okay I shall delve into the thread regarding the XL pads.

Sep 28, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #892 of 925
Does anyone know if V-moda start selling those bigger larger earpads for the M-100 yet?

XL pads are available now at their website. hurray :)

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #893 of 925
the XL pads will add to comfort but will change the sound of the M-100's too. I think by placing the drivers further away from your ear you lose a sense of intimacy with the music. But I guess for some people the M-100's stock pads are too uncomfortable. Changing to the XL will definitely make a world of difference in terms of comfort and turn the M-100's into a true over-the-ear HP.

Highly recommended if you cannot stand the stock pads.

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #894 of 925
I have an LP and an m100. I found that on the LP -by putting tape over 2 of the vents and 3/4 of the 3rd vent (just leaving 1/4 of one vent open) that the lp sounds much closer to the m100. it's not completeley there of course but 75% there, still slightly boomier, and slightly less mid clarity. but a huge improvement for a few pieces of scotch tape. I will remove the shields and put the tape inside next. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #895 of 925
 Not very impressed with the M100 in terms of sound; It lacks detail and doesn't sound very musical apart from the bass. It's is quite a poor headphone for the price. If the XL pads change the sound then I may give these a go to see if they make improvements.

Oct 3, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #896 of 925
 Not very impressed with the M100 in terms of sound; It lacks detail and doesn't sound very musical apart from the bass. It's is quite a poor headphone for the price. If the XL pads change the sound then I may give these a go to see if they make improvements.

So what other portable closed-back headphone would you recommend for $300 USD?

Oct 3, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #897 of 925
So what other portable closed-back headphone would you recommend for $300 USD?

Depends on music type. Phones I personally like better than the M100 are,

Momentum on ear and over(The momentum is more balanced, Lush and fun sounding. The on ear version are about on a similar level to the M100 but much cheaper and slightly cleaner)
V-Moda M80(more balanced, cleaner and more musical)
Skull Candy Aviator(Cleaner, More beautiful mid range and good bass. The M100 sound better in the bass department but the Aviator is more balanced)
AKG K551(Balanced, More open soundstage and less congested sounding with better separation)
Beats studio 2013 edition(About the same quality but a more forward clear midrange. The features make it a better buy although they are overpriced just like the M100)

The M100 for me sits around the quality of the ATHM50 which is a good phone but is nearly £170 cheaper. The features on the M50 are decent such as folding and looks. But i'm talking pure sound not extras. I'll keep them as I love the stealth look on my matte blacks. One last thing is the long term build quality, I have every colour of the crossfade LP(I'm a bit of a collector nerd) Long term durability is a big concern, They are def durable for short term use but I question the long term durability. All of my pairs have shown the same wear and tear, Material badly degrading. ear cushions wearing down after a year and breaking of the cables near the jack! and cracking of the wing plate. Not sure if the M100 suffers from this but I'll soon find out.

Just my opinion.

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #898 of 925
The XL pads do shape the sound of the M-100 to be more balanced, but the lack of treble detail becomes more apparent, although the bass is tamed which might suit your taste.  Another interesting choice in this price range is the NAD HP50 .

Oct 3, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #899 of 925
Why are there two threads for the M-100? I just found this one. What's up with that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back