V-MODA M-100 & VTF-100 Appreciation Thread: Images, Impressions, Reviews.
Oct 15, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #496 of 925
Quote:
Just checked the slip now (since they put it in my mailbox)

Apparently I have to pay $46 to customs too. ON TOP of paying for the faster shipping. This is dumb... I paid over $400 now - $401.36 - for something that originally cost $310. So stupid. It didn't even arrive on time, or at my door.

I really hope I don't have to use Canada post in the future, and this is the last time I pay for expedited shipping...

I hope you're not trying to blame v-moda here!

Oct 15, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #497 of 925
Quote:
I hope you're not trying to blame v-moda here!

Never said that - I'm blaming customs and Canada Post. I'll have to pick my M-100's up at 7 tonight rather than having them dropped off this morning, because of their lazy practices. And I also got them later and got charged more because of customs holding them for 3 days.

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM Post #498 of 925
Quote:
Never said that - I'm blaming customs and Canada Post. I'll have to pick my M-100's up at 7 tonight rather than having them dropped off this morning, because of their lazy practices. And I also got them later and got charged more because of customs holding them for 3 days.

Yeah, I've had those issues before too...although I don't think the customs fees go up based on any of that, they're simply charging import taxes.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #499 of 925
Quote:
Yeah, I've had those issues before too...although I don't think the customs fees go up based on any of that, they're simply charging import taxes.

Eh - either way, I finally have them in my hands now. First, Out of the box Impressions:
  1. DAMN these feel solid. They have a nice weight for the size.
  2. DAMN these are comfortable. I was worried that the cups would be too shallow, or there would be another comfort issue, but just from wearing them for a bit, I highly doubt that will be the case.
  3. DAMN my shields came out GREAT. 
  4. Everything feels so stupid high quality compared to other headphones I've owned. 

I'll try the sound out in a bit, and let them burn in over the next few days before I provide any SQ impressions/review.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #500 of 925
WOW!!!
eek.gif
I didn't know you could print the shields!

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #504 of 925
Quote:
Why do you want to take them off?  Unless you have a reason to you shouldn't.

Agreed, as the tabs and seal are a very important part of the sound and it may not sound quite as good as the outter ring of the pad will get slightly worn down.  

They are primarily made to be removed for replacement, not for fun - it may negatively change the sound if the pad seal alters.

Quote:
How do we take the pads off? I'm scared of tearing things when I start pulling them..

SEE ABOVE
Quote:
Eh - either way, I finally have them in my hands now. First, Out of the box Impressions:
  1. DAMN these feel solid. They have a nice weight for the size.
  2. DAMN these are comfortable. I was worried that the cups would be too shallow, or there would be another comfort issue, but just from wearing them for a bit, I highly doubt that will be the case.
  3. DAMN my shields came out GREAT. 
  4. Everything feels so stupid high quality compared to other headphones I've owned. 

I'll try the sound out in a bit, and let them burn in over the next few days before I provide any SQ impressions/review.

YOUR SHIELDS LOOK KILLER.

The laser can really focus on the black color so it always comes out a tad sharper.

Loved the "stupid high quality compared to" comment, you made my night!

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #505 of 925
Quote:
Agreed, as the tabs and seal are a very important part of the sound and it may not sound quite as good as the outter ring of the pad will get slightly worn down.  

They are primarily made to be removed for replacement, not for fun - it may negatively change the sound if the pad seal alters.

First of all, thanks for the compliment on the shields, I worked on them for a while! 
biggrin.gif

Also - I understand it may not be recommended, but I ordered my white pads because those are the ones I planned on using - and since it came with the gray pads installed, I need to swap them to complete my look. I don't plan on switching back for a while, if ever, afterwards.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #506 of 925
BREAKING DEVELOPMENT:

...Amarra's hold on me is weakening.  After being settled on it as my go-to player for some time, this latest 'phone acquisition has prompted me to cycle through the competition once more.  I had previously found Audirvana Plus to be a less than optimal pairing with the K550, but boy does it ever take the M-100 to the hi-fi Promised Land!  I'm too early in my testing to declare any definites, but as of this writing:

Audirvana Plus w/Direct + AQ Dragonfly + M-100 = WOW!

EDIT: Also, I'm a bit confused.  I should be posting impressions in this thread and NOT the one in the Portable sub-forum, yes?

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #508 of 925
Quote:
First of all, thanks for the compliment on the shields, I worked on them for a while! 
biggrin.gif

Also - I understand it may not be recommended, but I ordered my white pads because those are the ones I planned on using - and since it came with the gray pads installed, I need to swap them to complete my look. I don't plan on switching back for a while, if ever, afterwards.

Well you basically just have to pull on them really hard to get them out, they're stuck in there pretty tightly.  I believe an instructional video was posted quite a few pages back on the other thread too...

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #509 of 925
Quote:
This thread is fine - the other thread was more for development, this one is for actual impressions and reviews.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, BRS!  I appreciate your attempts to maintain order amidst the chaos.

As an aside, I hope that the M-100 is to your liking.  It seems that you've endured more than most to obtain them.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #510 of 925
Quote:
This thread is fine - the other thread was more for development, this one is for actual impressions and reviews.

Hmm, the thread title of other one was reviews too.  Looks like we have a fork, ut oh... I preferred to keep everything in one thread and somebody make "CHAPTERS" showing which pages cover what topics on the first POST!  Let's make it the biggest thread of all time with chapters was my idea a few months ago as it grew. 

Quote:
BREAKING DEVELOPMENT:

Audirvana Plus w/Direct + AQ Dragonfly + M-100 = WOW!

Great to HEAR!  We'll try...

Quote:
biggrin.gif

In that case, go for it.  You can put the grey back on if you like but I just urge caution and make sure every tab is snapped in place.  I usually use a recessed pen to make sure all the tabs are secure and sealed.

Here is a video:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back