V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 27, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #3,782 of 23,366
if this can is really IT after the first few attempts....then VOICE should be its name.
beerchug.gif

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #3,783 of 23,366
Oh, I remembered!:

If I get a PPU, can V-MODA hold on to the extra shields as an option, until I decide the design/color/etc? It could take me months, or years, and then shipped them to me when I contact them with my order# to have the shields done? If it's ok with V-MODA.

If that's possible, I guess I'd have to tell them while buying it, before submitting the order. Like: insert special request here.

Jul 27, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #3,784 of 23,366
Quote:
Blood alone moves the wheels of history!

TRUE BLOOD.  SWEAT.  TEARS. It is hard... I nearly cried today with the complexions but read some jokes.
Quote:
From everything I've gathered Val is doing his best to get these released in a timely manner without sacrificing quality control.  Even if Val gave a release date for next week, there is no guarantee your friend's son would get it by Aug 24th.  I'm guessing there might be a supply and demand situation given the extreme anticipation of the M-100. 

It's ready when I'd use it myself, having said that its going to be between 9-24th of August shipping.
Quote:
if this can is really IT after the first few attempts....then VOICE should be its name.
beerchug.gif

It doesn't look like 2 round smiley people w beers, but VOICE is a cool word, always!  

Quote:
Oh, I remembered!:

If I get a PPU, can V-MODA hold on to the extra shields as an option, until I decide the design/color/etc? It could take me months, or years, and then shipped them to me when I contact them with my order# to have the shields done? If it's ok with V-MODA.

If that's possible, I guess I'd have to tell them while buying it, before submitting the order. Like: insert special request here.

Yes I suppose, but just choose now is easiest or dont do the engraving - you dont HAVE to do the engraving.  just colors is cool too.

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #3,785 of 23,366
Yeah, I suppose. Colors is cool too :) Thanks!

P.S.- Soxxi's Aqua Ice shield looks cool! (the one closer to the camera) (from this twitter post @V-MODA:@Soxximusic: Some new Soxxi swag for China from @VMODA !! So excited got my visa today! http://instagr.am/p/Ne8hVGQK10/ 

” the new blue!
Ok, here's the pic: http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/a3c1a5c0d5ee11e1a62d1231380fd04a_7.jpg
  Is that one going to be available for the PPUs? Does it look good with a Shadow M-100?

Thanks.

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:07 AM Post #3,787 of 23,366
Quote:
I know that. My point is that there is no model within the series that the Signature Pro is in that is merely called the "Pro". Which is why the normal implication of the word signature (that there are 2 products, and one is merely a slightly improved variant of the other) does not apply.

Since the Signature is its own series, the Ultrasone Signature Pro would be a slightly improved variant of an "Ultrasone Signature." Sort of like a Stax SR-Sigma and SR-Sigma Pro. Signature in this instance is the name of the product line, not a designator for a higher-up model in some product line. Ultrasone wouldn't make something in the Signature series merely called Pro when they have a Pro line already.

Jul 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #3,790 of 23,366
God yeah please stop with the suggestions.  Particularly because people are coming up with suggestions and confirming that they like it (because they came up with it) in the same message... kind of like that jerk everyone knows who laughs at his own joke as he's telling it...

Quote:
Ugh! Please no more name recommendations. (I already regret bringing the subject back up)
I feel very close to smashing something.
I like the name Val gave it.

I love the recent Shadow pic from Val. Good to see the material (all around) between the cushions and cups is not reflecting chrome. I like the color in the photo. The difference that a good pic can make is amazing. It's so different from the Shadow from V-MODA.com. I love it. Now, to see a pic from White and Matte Black Metal, and I'll know exactly what to get. Right now I like the Shadow. When I see the rest, I'll see what I pick.

About Val's plans on the Smellfect...well, if Eric Morillo's inside side of headband's fabric is porous, and not complete leather (on the inside side that touches the scalp) then I won't be worried.

I hope we can know the PPU release date at least a day in advance. Val, if you release the time in advance, I'm affraid the site could crash...

What else?...

Oh yeah, I too am confused if Matte Black Metal is part of PPU or not.

Can't remember if I had any other question.

Jul 27, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #3,791 of 23,366
Quote:
God yeah please stop with the suggestions.  Particularly because people are coming up with suggestions and confirming that they like it (because they came up with it) in the same message... kind of like that jerk everyone knows who laughs at his own joke as he's telling it...

deadhorse.gif
 beating a dead horse, but your right.....

Jul 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #3,792 of 23,366
Another suggestion, how about Adventus?

Means 'arrival' if my GCSE Latin is to be believed.

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #3,793 of 23,366
Can you please update the site so that there are actual pictures (not computer generated) for us to preview of the different combinations of M-100 with shield colors? Or even have a 360 view type of slideshow?

I want to see how each shield color looks in real life on the different colors of the headphone (example: white m-100 with green shield). It's hard to judge when some colors don't have previews and the rest are just computer generated overlays. 

Edit: Also if the the earpad color can also be shown on the preview if we change it.

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #3,794 of 23,366
Quote:
Can you please update the site so that there are actual pictures (not computer generated) for us to preview of the different combinations of M-100 with shield colors? Or even have a 360 view type of slideshow?

I want to see how each shield color looks in real life on the different colors of the headphone (example: white m-100 with green shield). It's hard to judge when some colors don't have previews and the rest are just computer generated overlays. 

Edit: Also if the the earpad color can also be shown on the preview if we change it.

Pictures won't be any better either...  Cameras, although try to mimic our eyes, don't do so that well.  Too many options to come up with can make photos look as good as the computer generated ones.  I do like the idea of a 360 slideshow though.  

Jul 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #3,795 of 23,366
Quote:

Pictures won't be any better either...  Cameras, although try to mimic our eyes, don't do so that well.  Too many options to come up with can make photos look as good as the computer generated ones.  I do like the idea of a 360 slideshow though.  

I don't see what's wrong with having pictures of all color combos (other than the fact that that's a laborious process for V-Moda). Pictures look way better than computer generated images, and I'm personally going to base my choice of white vs. shadow vs. matte black metal on the pictures that will inevitably be released. I think a lot of people will do the same. I mean, cameras do do very well, my M-80s look exactly like all the pictures I looked up before I bought them. I agree that it can be hard to tell if a certain color shield will go well with a certain color M-100 just picturing it in your mind (or resorting to the old MS Paint tricks we all do), so having real pictures of all the combinations would be very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back