V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 19, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #10,787 of 23,366
I just ordered mine with the custom shields. I read somewhere that there should be a facility where you can centre your desired image. I didn't encounter this page when ordering. I just uploaded the image. Is this a problem?

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #10,788 of 23,366
Quote:
This just in... I am absolutely SHOCKED and in audio nirvana with my new "trifecta" of sound gadgets...

FORGET what you've listened to an M-100 or M-80 on before... the absolute best sound I have EVER heard in my life by far is...

1) V-MODA VAMP VERZA (PRODUCTION MODEL I JUST GOT THAT COMES OUT IN A FEW WEEKS)
2) Samsung Galaxy SIII
3) V-MODA Crossfade M-100
4) Poweramp Full Version

I cannot figure out yet why the Samsung S3 vs Apple iPhone 5/4S sounds different with digital output.  The iPhone V VAMP VERZA looks so cool and sounds amazing, but the above ^ combo is unf***ing believable. I need to now test if it is the iPhone music player vs PowerAmp or is it the digital audio out.

I can't wait for M-100 owners to try out the trifecta at some local meets globally. We developed VAMP VERZA with M-100, many of you may have remembered that we had to redo M-100 because we tuned it TOO much for amped vs unamped as we were developing them to launch together.

How many head-fiers have Samsungs I wonder? I'll have more updates soon after I thoroughly test all the phone models.  I also got Surfaces, Nokia 920s, etc etc... but the S3 (w/Poweramp software) stands out from initial testing.

-V

PS - I am using AIFF so I cannot use the stock Android music player to see if it is Poweramp's algorithms vs the stock player or the digital output...

Val, I am new to Head-fi and new to V-Moda. I got my M-100s last week and use it with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, stock Jelly Bean 4.1 on Verizon. I also use the full version of Poweramp. I can say that it is the app that does the magic, as the stock player, Spotify (premium), Pandora, all sound inferior to Poweramp. I don't know what they do, but it really makes a big difference on my Samsung.

I suffer from a good deal of hearing loss from my military days, so was able to adjust EQ in Poweramp for the areas I don't hear well, on top of converting files to FLAC, and it really helped bring the sound out more, especially in the mids for non electronic music. The sound isn't so muddy and I still can pump out good clean bass.

I also just ordered the O2 amp last night, sorry didn't know about your new product (would have depended on price, anyway), and am hoping it provides the "wow" I was hoping to experience. It's so close, and really want to love these phones, but just being honest with the ears I have.

One of the tipping factors why I chose V-Moda without ever hearing one was the fact that you, the CEO, were so down to earth and available, on top of the great reviews. Thanks much!

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #10,789 of 23,366
Quote:
Where do you get the BoomPro Mic from? I have been searching on the Web and can't find it anywhere.
I also don't know how well these are for gaming. I've read some reviews and seen that a lot of people have said the M-100s are pretty decent for gaming with the mic, but how are the LP's.
My current setup is:
1) Astro Mixamp 5.8
2) Sennheiser PC 360
I have plugged up the LP's to the mixamp, and the sound is phenomenal, but I am a competitive gamer and can't play using them unless I have a mic. Any help on this would be much appreciated and if there is an active LP thread I don't know of could you please link me to it? Thanks, in advance.

I used the LP2s (nearly identical to the LPs) for about six months before I got my M80s to game with on my Astro Mixamp and even with the included in line microphone it seemed to work really well.  Especially when they went to the split mic/controls with the new speak easy cables.  And the same holds true with the M100s I'm using now...just awesome gaming headphones when combined with the Mixamp.  

Add to that the boom mic and it'll be even better, but from what I've read, there doesn't seem to be much noise cancelation on the boom mic so apparently it picks up some breathing.  But that was only mentioned by one or two people and I sure as heck can find those posts in this monster of a thread.  

I'm certainly looking forward to being able to order the boom mic when it's available but Val has been eerily silent on that front even with all of the inquiries in this thread.  Something tells me it has either been cancelled or they are really re-working it.  Who knows unless he can let us in on the info.

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #10,791 of 23,366
So when people say these are closer in sound-signature to the LPs than the m80s, does that mean that they have the same sort-of muffled "party in the next room" sound that the LPs have, or are they better in terms of detail? The m80s would be my perfect headphone (aside from being a little light on bass) if I could stand to keep them on for more than an hour at a time, and the LPs are comfy and isolate quite well for my needs, but I can't stand the lack of detail and "sparkle".

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #10,793 of 23,366
Quote:
So when people say these are closer in sound-signature to the LPs than the m80s, does that mean that they have the same sort-of muffled "party in the next room" sound that the LPs have, or are they better in terms of detail? The m80s would be my perfect headphone (aside from being a little light on bass) if I could stand to keep them on for more than an hour at a time, and the LPs are comfy and isolate quite well for my needs, but I can't stand the lack of detail and "sparkle".

Well then you're in luck...because the M100s are very similar to the m80s, but with more clarity (sparkle) and a bit more bass as well.  Same comfort as the LPs as far as I'm concerned, but a few people have said that the pads are a bit shallower, but I don't see it.  I'm not sure I see where people have said these are similar to the LPs at all...they are significantly better.

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #10,794 of 23,366
Guys, someone please ease my mind. I'm hoping I'm just anxious and paranoid.

My M-100 was shipped on Dec 7th... and they're still MIA. Last tracking update was Dec 11th; it left a USPS facility 
I bought a ZO from a fellow head-fier, and he shipped it on Dec. 7 from Texas.... I just got that today

If it doesn't come either tomorrow or Friday, should I be worried it got lost?

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #10,795 of 23,366
Quote:
My order has been at the "INTERNATIONAL DISPACH READY" stage for a week now...What's going on?
Ordered from Vmoda to the UK

You might have to pay an import fee to get it.

My M-100 was shipped on Dec 7th... and they're still MIA. Last tracking update was Dec 11th; it left a USPS facility 
I bought a ZO from a fellow head-fier, and he shipped it on Dec. 7 from Texas.... I just got that today

Hm, that is a troublesome predicament. I'd say you might need to contact the USPS or v-moda support for that at this point

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #10,796 of 23,366
You should get them soon, probably this week.  Mine shipped on Dec 4 and I got them on Monday (I'm in Mississauga). Be prepared for about a $50 duty/taxes charge when you get them.  Unfortunaltey mine arrived with a dead left side.  Thanks to v-moda customer support, they shipped out a new pair today.  The wait begins.. again..
popcorn.gif

Quote:

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #10,797 of 23,366
Quote:

Well then you're in luck...because the M100s are very similar to the m80s, but with more clarity (sparkle) and a bit more bass as well.  Same comfort as the LPs as far as I'm concerned, but a few people have said that the pads are a bit shallower, but I don't see it.  I'm not sure I see where people have said these are similar to the LPs at all...they are significantly better.

That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Thanks for the reply!

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #10,798 of 23,366
Received the M-100s from Amazon US today, took 3 days to get to London, no hassle and Amazon even refunded my £23 postage after there was some confusion about tracking - stellar service! Got frustrated they appeared on Amazon UK since NOV and are still not in stock! Ended up costing me about £240, which is cheaper than here so that's good.

Opening the small cardboard box to find the M-100 box to be about half the size of the outer box was not expected and I couldn't believe how minuscule the box was! Great box design and nice touch with the ribbon and pop stud fastening, adds a touch of class.

The build quality of these things is great and feels lovely to the touch. Love this matte black colourway, amazing finish on them. I had my doubts about the folding mechanism at first as I felt it was a little flimsy but after playing with it a few times I think it's pretty neat and hopefully will hold up.

I previously had the hd25-1 II, amperior, philips m1, the m50 and the Sony mdr-1 more recently. When I tested the m-100 for the first time I wouldn't say I was blown away but I do like the fun sound. I think I actually found the m50s to be more enjoyable but ill give them time. The m50s certainly had the wow factor on first listen, but it could be because they cost £120 and I wasn't expecting much whereas these cost twice as much and I was expecting these to be amazing. Also, from memory the m50s seem to be easier to drive, as in the same volume on my iPhone produced louder sound. ?

Anyone running these off an iPhone 5? Is an amp required or do they need more burn in?

At the moment I'm impressed with the build quality, the nice case, the portability (really great), but find the sound enjoyable but not great. I think I prefer the sound signature of the m50 in all honesty. But maybe my ears need time to adjust!

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:48 PM Post #10,799 of 23,366
Quote:
robble said:

Hm, that is a troublesome predicament. I'd say you might need to contact the USPS or v-moda support for that at this point

Quote:
You should get them soon, probably this week.  Mine shipped on Dec 4 and I got them on Monday (I'm in Mississauga). Be prepared for about a $50 duty/taxes charge when you get them.  Unfortunaltey mine arrived with a dead left side.  Thanks to v-moda customer support, they shipped out a new pair today.  The wait begins.. again..
popcorn.gif

UGHGHGHGHGHGHHHGGGG Just my luck....

I'm gonna hold off til Friday. If I don't get them by then, I'll contanct V-Moda CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back